Chapter Sixteen

Chapter Sixteen- This tingling sensation will be the death of me

I woke up to the wonderful smell of pancakes. I blinked at the sun that was shining through the window, and stiffly sat up. It took me a minute to recall last night as I saw Emma asleep right next to me and Dan asleep on the cushioned chair.

I stood up and stretched as I walked down into the kitchen to see Tom standing in front of the stove. I yawned. He smiled at me and my heart fluttered as if it was coming to life high on crack.

"Morning sleeping beauty" he said then looked back to the stove. Thank god he didn't see me blush.

Why right when I realize that I might possibly love him do all these feelings come and threaten to embarrass me? Well I think playing hard to get is out the window.

"I didn't know you could cook?" I asked sitting on one of the stools at the bar watching him. He had jeans on and a plain white t-shirt with a kitchen towel slinged over his shoulder.

He came over and looked at me leaning his hands against the counter separating us. "There are a lot of things you don't know about me Cas" he said as he poked me nose, which I wrinkled trying to drive away the tingling he left upon me.

"Your cute" he said as he flipped another pancake onto a plate and placed it in front of me.

"This isn't going to poison me right?" I asked half kidding half serious.

"No silly girl, why would I want to kill you?" he said shaking his head.

I hesitantly took a bite and felt my taste buds jump for joy. "Oh my god this is amazing!" I said popping another bit into my mouth.

"I know I'm amazing" he smiled.

"You are amazing" I smiled back at him.

"Yeah Tom you're so amazing" Emma said stretching as she took a seat next to me.

"Cassie seems to think so" Tom said looking back at the stove while flipping another delicious pancake.

"Well of course she-" Emma was about to say but I cut her off by elbowing her ribs. She silently cursed.

"What Emma?" Tom said. He was kind of oblivious.

"I said" I cut her off again. "I need to talk to Em for a minute" I said dragging her up the stairs to my bedroom.

Emma was laughing the whole way and once I shut the door I yelled "What is the matter with you?!"

"You finally realize that you like him" she clapped while still laughing.

I blushed a bright red.

She just giggled some more "Hey it's not like I'm going to tell him so chill out, you seem too tense."

"Why wouldn't I be tense? I mean I'm sharing a dream with like a million girls! Probably even more. This is just disastrous. Why? Why? Why?! Why do I have to be in love with Tom Felton? My life is never going to be the same again!"

"Wait" Em said looking as if she was in deep thought. "Love?" she questioned.

"I thought you knew that?"

"Uh no!!" she practically yelled.

"Well yeah..." I said blushing.

I slumped down against the door of my closet. "My life is doomed" I whimpered.

"Cassie Cassie Cassie" Emma sighed coming to sit next to me.

"What? What? What?" I asked annoyed.