Chapter Thirteen

Chapter Thirteen- Waiting

I kept fiddling with my thumbs as I waited...and waited...and guess what? Waited. I have been waiting on the foot of these steps for an hour. Tom had texted me saying they were landing, so now I'm waiting anxiously for them to come home.

Then the door handle turned just a little, just a twitch. Timber, who had been lying down at my feet, looked up. I stood up a little.

Then the door opened ajar and Tom walked in, lifting his sunglasses and placing them on top of his head.

Without a second look I bolted up to him and hugged him. He laughed at my urgency. And hugged me back. "Hey Cassie"

"Hey Tommy boy" I said with a smile. "Where's Dan?"

"Parking the car" he responded shutting the door.

"What happened to your car?" I asked suspiciously.

"Well I kind of killed it" he said scratching the back of his neck.

I just laughed and then Timber made the saddest wine. I looked down at my feet. Tom's eyes followed.

"You didn't think I forgot about you?" Tom asked and opened his arms.

Timber ran and tackled his to the floor licking his face all over.

Once Tom had gotten up and wiped the slobber off his face he said "I see you kept him alive"

I childishly stuck my tongue out at him. He just laughed and put an arm around my shoulders as we walked to the back of the house where the garage was. He said "I missed you Cas"

I leaned into him a little. "I missed you too"

Then I heard a voice sing "Cassssiiieeebbbeeaarr" which soon revealed Dan coming around the corner.

He soon picked me up and swung me around. Once he put me down I stubbornly said "I thought I told you to not call me CassieBear?"

"But I love calling you CassieBear"

I rolled my eyes and sighed "I know"

"Hey Cassie" Tom said walking into the kitchen.

"Hey what?" I asked following him.

He grabbed a beer and jumped on top of the counter. He popped the top and took a drink, then asked "you up for a party?"

I crossed my arms over my chest. "Uh I don't know"

"Well it would just be some people...I think Emma might come" Dan said.

"Emma?!" I asked hopeful.

Tom laughed "yeah"

"Then I'm in"

"Great" he said with a charming smile.