Chapter Sixty

Chapter Sixty- Resurfacing Reality

'No new couch, no new coffee table. Finished. Closed'

'Ah gee Ricky you should look at this ad. It's the most beautiful couch and coffee table you've ever seen. It's only two hundred and ninety nine dollars'

'Just forget it'

I was sitting on my couch in the dark watching I Love Lucy re runs. I had cuddled up in a fluffy blanket, holding it close.

I hadn't been out of my apartment in three days. I had barely moved from the couch, except to bathe and change clothes etc. I didn't feel the need to do anything anymore except trying to keep my mind off of the inevitable.

The door jingled open. I didn't bother to look who it was, I knew it was him. Tom was the only one who had my spare key now. He stayed with me usually except last night.

He leaned over the couch and handed me a plastic bag.

I opened it to find a bag of candy, and smiled slightly opening it up and pouring even more into my sorrows.

"You really need to get up Cas" Tom said softly.

"I don't want to" I said hard.

He sighed and walked around the couch. I opened up the blanket as he sat next to me and brought me close into his chest. I continued to nibble on my candy and watch the television.

"You need to go to the clinic" He said.

I ignored him. I didn't want to come to face reality, and he was really making that hard.

He grabbed the remote and turned the television off. I glared at him. "I was watching that!"

"And now you're listening to me" He said dead serious.

"What?" I asked annoyed leaning away from him.

"You have to go to the clinic soon"

"And who told you that? Sarah? I don't care" I said pissed off. I hadn't been to the clinic in way too long.

"Yes she did and Cassie-" He stopped himself

"What?" I looked at him suspiciously "What do you know?"

He sighed looking out one of my windows "Nothing"

"You do to know something" I said glaring more.

"I do not" He spoke evenly.

"What the hell do you know Tom?!" I yelled frustrated with the whole situation.

"They are going to fire you okay?!" He shouted back at me.

"W-what?" I asked slowly.

He sighed "Sarah says the next time you go in they are going to give you your notice"

"What am I going to do?" I asked myself running my hand through my hair. I could get another job, but I wasn't qualified for anything, so that means I can't live here anymore and I'd have to- I don't know.

"You're going to move back in with me. It was bound to happen sometime anyway" He said

I sighed after a moment, it was my only option. "Fine" I said settling back down a little.

"Well don't sound happy about it or anything" He mumbled loud enough for me to here.

I scoffed standing up about to flee to my room.

"I think you need some help Cas" Tom spoke.

I turned around sharply "What?" I hissed

"This isn't healthy, you acting like this"