Chapter Thirty Eight

Chapter Thirty Eight- The Permanent Move

I woke early the next morning, waking up Emma and Tom rather harshly. I was still extremely pissed over the actions of the previous night.

"Why are you so...not Cassie?" Carson asked as we finished packing up the car.

I rolled my eyes "I'm still Cassie now give your sister a hug so she can get the hell out of here" I opened my arms for him. He didn't hesitate to crushing me.

Then I walked over to Clay.

"I heard the conversation" He spoke.

"I don't want to hear about it-" I started

"No...I thought he deserved it, in some way I'm proud of you standing up to our father" He smiled crookedly.

I hugged him "I love you Clay"

He hugged me back gently, laughing a little "Love you too Cas"

I smiled as we broke apart.

We finished saying our goodbye's and left to the car. I took a last glance at the house and saw my father standing in front of the window looking at us leaving. I had no guilt at all, I just continued to glare as I stepped into the passenger seat.

Tom started the car driving back down the dirt path.

"Well that was exciting" Emma said with enthusiasm.

"Yes very" I stated staring out the window waiting for the long drive back.

When we reached the house in the late afternoon, my anger seemed to have completely dissolved away. But that could have something to do with all of the jokes and pranks that had been played along the ride.

Tom unlocked the door to see Timber running up tail wagging in all, but he didn't run up to Tom...instead he ran up to me, jumping up on his hind legs licking my hands and barking with delight.

"This is what I get for feeding you all these years?" Tom exclaimed his hands resting on his hips. I laughed as I squatted down next to the happy dog, receiving a very long slobbery kiss, petting his head lovingly.

"I'm crashing here tonight" Em said opening up the fridge.

"Who said I wanted you here?" Tom asked.

"Who said we didn't want her here?" Dan asked popping out of thin air.

"Dan!" I shouted standing back up and tackling him with a hug. He chuckled hugging me back "You were only gone the weekend"

I retracted from him and said "it's been a very long weekend"

"You can say that a million times" Tom said leaning up against the counter finally receiving some attention from Timber who was wanting attention from Tom. "No, No did you ever hear the saying bro's before hoes?" he said staring down at him.

"Excuse me?" I said not liking being referred to as a 'hoe'.

Tom rolled his eyes "Sorry"

"I had a fabulous time" Em said still looking throughout the refrigerator.

Both Tom and I glared at her. She held her hands up in defense.

I sighed "I'm going to take a shower" I started walking up the stairs.

The shower was very refreshing. It was as if I was washing the past life off returning to the least drama filled one. But then again I live with actors; there is always some kind of drama.

I changed into some sweats letting my hair air dry. I looked at my phone because I had left it here. There was three new voicemails; I decided that now was the best time to listen to them.