Chapter Forty Seven

Chapter Forty Seven- Tears of Terror

Once I hit the first light I burst out into tears. They streamed down my face like a river meeting a waterfall.

I drove to Emma's hoping that she was at her new apartment and not at her old house. I didn't know where else to go.

I felt very fragile, very broken, and very very afraid of what I was going to do; of what was happening.

I parked the car and dragged myself to the stairs, and up to Emma's door trying to stop the flood of tears.

I knocked. God even the knock sounded sadden, if that is even possible.

She opened the door a few minutes later. She was in her pajamas with her hair up in a pony tail.

"Cassie?" She asked her face in shock.

"I...I didn't know where else to go" I said shakily.

She ushered me in and shut the door behind her. Then she led me to her couch. I noticed all the boxes still around everywhere. She had only moved in a week ago, so the surroundings were all new to me.

She sat crossed legged facing me. "What's wrong?"

"T-Tom and I...broke up" I said stuttering. Saying his name ripped my throat, causing it to burn like no pain I had ever experienced.

"What?!" She asked shocked "What happened?"

I took five quick breaths before I began to explain "My old friends called me today and they said that I had changed. I didn't believe them at first, but then I soon realized that they were right. My whole life is Tom. When he came back, from walking Timber, I wanted to talk, just talk about me getting a job or something along those lines, so that my life had at least some diversity. And then he got all pissed and offended and started yelling and then he said that I wasn't committed to our relationship and that that is the reason why Will did all of that to me, even after he knew, he freaking knew all of the shit Will did "

My hand flew to my mouth when I saw Emma's mouth drop open. Great now I'm going to have to tell her about Will, this is weird that she didn't ask before.

"Will? That guy that Tom got into a fight with?"

I leaned back in her couch, still tears streaming down my face from my eyes.

"Will and I use to date. He was actually the only boyfriend I had before Tom. And well he was an alcoholic and he abused me and cheated on me and a whole bunch of bad stuff" I said summing up the very long story.

"And Tom said that you not being committed to Will is the reason why he abused you?" She asked getting mad.

I nodded my head.

"I can't believe that he said that, he just got so mad, and that was the breaking point for me. When I told him that I never thought that he would throw all of it back in my face.

"And commitment? How could I be more committed to him? I gave up my job, I moved in with him; giving up my home, I neglected my friends, I waited for you guys when you were gone and I was all alone, I did everything I was supposed to, I even cussed out my dad for him, so now my dad hates me. And my brother is disappointed in me."

I looked to her sad eyes. "I gave up my life for him" I burst out into tears again.

She rushed to throw her arms around me in a hug that I needed. "What more could he want?" I blubbered

"Tom is an idiot have you not noticed that? He is a big fat jerk. You could do better than him."

I looked at her like she was crazy.