Chapter Thirty Four

Chapter Thirty Four- Meeting the Family

"So you're actually going to meet her father?" Dan asked Tom as I was pacing around the room, thinking of all the possibilities, wondering if dad would like Tom or not. Tom decided that this weekend would be the best time to go, and I was freaking out.

"I would have to sometime" Tom sighed, he wasn't happy about meeting my family but he wasn't whining about it either.

"Cassie! Cassie! Cassie! Who is this hottie?!" Emma asked her eyes glowing. She was looking through my phone, and pointed to a picture, drueling a little bit.

I pretended to gag. "That's my brother"

"I want to see your parents, because they make beautiful children" She said staring at the photo. "What's his name?"

"Carson, he's twenty" I said dully continuing to pace across the living room.

"He's my age!!! You have to take me with you!" She stared at me seriously.

"No! I'm not taking you so you can hit on my little brother!" I said clearly offended hoping she'd get the hint and not push this any farther.

She pouted still looking at my phone.

"Calm down Cas" Tom complained.

I sighed "Sorry I haven't seen my family in three years, this wasn't exactly the circumstance I thought I would be seeing them again."

"Think about it, were going to have a nice long road trip" He smiled trying and successfully cheering me up. He knew I loved road trips.

I smiled walking over to him and kissing his cheek. He opened his arms for me and I sat on his lap, fiddling with the collar of his shirt, in anxiousness.

"Chill out Cassie" Tom said smiling hitting his hands on the steering wheel to the beat of the music.

Ten hours of driving and we were on a dirt road, that seemed to lead to nowhere.

"I know you want to smile" he said smiling pinching my cheeks. "Aw come on let me see that pretty smile"

I frowned overdramatically, just to annoy him.

"I am deeply hurt" Tom said faking dying, making me laugh.

"Now we're getting somewhere" he smirked. I laughed shaking my head.

"What's your dad's name?" Tom asked nonchalantly.

"Charles"

Tom's foot slammed on the brake making us fly forward, then shoot back like a sling shot. His eyes were wide as he turned his face to me.

"Your father is Charles Dean?!" He shouted unbelievingly.

And if as an eco I heard another "Your Dad is Charles Dean?!"

Tom and I screamed bloody murder as Emma popped out of the back seat. I literally jumped four feet high.

"What the hell are you doing here?!" I shouted at her trying to get my heart rate to slow.

"I wanted to meet your family" she said innocently.

"No you wanted to meet Carson" I said annoyed.

She smirked "it's too late to take me back now"

I rolled my eyes, and looked back to Tom who's eyes' were still almost popping out of their sockets.

"Your Dad is Charles Dean, as in the Charles Dean who killed that guy?!?!?!" Tom said panicking.

"Hey! I was there, that guy was trying to steal one of our horses. He was trespassing! And he didn't kill him he shot him in the leg there's a difference."