Chapter 12 : Why is she so crazy?

A/N : Sorry but this is gonna be one loooooong chapter!

"I am still so surprised how Boss doesn't realise that you don't give an ish about the Team assessment", Lilly laughed as she sipped her rockstar.

"I can put up a good act and you know that. He called me up the other day to 'counsel' me as he felt I was sad my Team was at the third place again", he chuckled and Lilly shook her head, "You are impossible", she said.

"Lilly?", Aman said as he walked into her cabin. Both Humble and Lilly looked up at him simultaneously.

"Hey man!", said Humble giving Aman a hi-five seeing which Lilly frowned.

"I can see you have made friends", she said to Aman and he just went all red in embarrassment. Aman was usually a little sophisticated around Lilly and doing a hi-five casually made him get all conscious and embarrassed.

"So are you done with the shortlist of the cast?", she asked and Aman immediately pulled out a file.

"Yes Lilly, here it is", he said handing it to her, I already met each one of them and got them scheduled for an audition day after tomorrow", he added.

"Ah that's good", she said going through the list, "How about the instrumental for the background?", she asked.

"Oh", said Aman as he suddenly realised that he had totally forgotten about that, "I will get that done now, I am so sorry I totally forgot about it", he stuttered.

"Its alright, its late. You can leave, I will do the audio", she said.

"Ummm... Are you sure? I can stay back for a while more", Aman asked for confirmation. Though he was exhausted he did not want to leave more work for Lilly than she already had.

"Don't worry about it. Go ahead", she said and go back to her file.

"Okay. I will leave then, bye Lilly", he said before turning to Humble and raising his eyebrows questioningly.

"You go ahead today brother, I have some program with your boss here", Humble chuckled.

Once Aman left Lilly turned back to Humble and caught him staring at her with a weird expression.

"What?", she asked.

"Who are you?", Humble asked her back in return.

"Huh what?", she said again in confusion.

"You just told your team member it was okay for forgetting to do a job and told him it was 'late' so he could leave", he said as he looked at her confused.

"Haha! He has been working hard, and it is okay to let them go sometime", she answered.

"Exactly", he said, "Who are you? Because the Lilly I know doesn't say these words".

Lilly just rolled her eyes, "Ummm, so I had a doubt about these audio tracks", she said as she got back to her computer.

"No no no, you aren't changing the topic Lilly", Humble chuckled, "You like him don't you?", he asked.

Lilly's heart stopped for a moment, she looked back at Humble, "No", she said and then slowly got back to her computer.

"Come on Lilly you-"

"HUMBLE NO", she yelled and her voice immediately went low to a whisper, "Please...", leaving a shaky breath.

"Sorry", he said regretting his words.

For once he was feeling happy as he thought that she finally was showing interest in someone else, but it seemed like a long way to go still.
...