Chapter 40 : Forever & Always

Three months later :

Lilly walked out of her room, ready to go out with Aman for their anniversary dinner. She had chosen to wear a red dress she had specially brought for the occasion. It was a long gown going all the way up till the floor with a long slit exposing one leg completely. It was sleeveless and had little slits to show off her curves at her waist. She had accessorized with a gold neck piece, earrings and a golden clutch. She wore heels which made her look even more elegant.

She saw Aman was standing in the living room waiting for her, with his back facing her, lost in thoughts and his hands in his pockets. He was wearing a ink-blue suit. Lilly couldn't help as her eyes lingered over him taking in the amazing sight in front of her.

"Hey handsome", she said as she walked towards him. Aman turned around to see Lilly and he instantly bit his lip as he checked her out, "Stunning", he said.

"You think?", she said with a smirk and turned around, "I picked it out specially for tonight".

"Ummm... Everything is perfect but... Ummmm", he frowned.

"But what?", Lilly looked at him confused, "It's the hair isn't it? Ahhh it's the hair", she said trying to set it right.

"No Lill... The necklace", he said and frowned again.

"Ahhh but this one looks good", she said and touched her necklace, "Don't you like it?", she asked.

"I think", he pulled out a little necklace from his pocket, "This one will look better", he winked.

"What?", Lilly smiled wide as she walked to him and took the necklace in her hand, it had a little pendant with two hearts intertwined with each other, "This is so beautiful Aman", she whispered, "Thank you", she said with a twinkle in her eyes.

"Turn around", Aman said and then took off her other necklace and made her wear the one he got. "Happy anniversary love", he whispered and kissed the back of her neck after locking the necklace. Lilly turned around smiling ear to ear, "Thank you Aman", she hugged him tight, "I would kiss you right now, but I don't want you to have red lips", she chuckled.

They went to their favorite restaurant. Though Lilly never liked fancy restaurants much, this was one she loved, as it had amazing food, very friendly staff and an amazing view of the city.

They were almost done with food and were now waiting for their desert when Aman spoke up.

"Lill, do you remember the first time we came here?", he asked.

"Yes how can I forget, it was our first anniversary", she smiled, "Can you believe it'd been four years now?".

"Wow", he picked up his glass of water, "for four hundred more", he winked.

Lilly laughed and she picked her glass as well, "Are you sure you can tolerate me for so much time ya brit boy?", she joked.

"It's either you or no one Lill", he said suddenly his face became serious.

They were in the car starting back from the hotel when Lilly spoke up.

"Aman, I have something to give you. Ummm... my present for you", she said shyly.

"Oh wow okay", Aman said in excitement.

"Don't get so excited, it's not that great also", she chuckled, "Here... Happy Anniversary love", she said handing him a little wrapped gift.

Aman opened the gift and saw that it was a book.

"It's a dairy... Sort of...", Lilly said nervously, "I am not that great at talking about my feelings all the time... But I am pretty decent in writing them down. So I wrote a whole lot of ish in this dairy. So you can read it wherever you want", she looked back at him hoping he understood what she was trying to say.