Chapter 16 : Trapped -2

Two hours had passed by and Lilly and Aman were still sitting on the stool discussing of the various possibilities someone would accidently come by to the store room and set them free. After creating various hypothetical scenarios and arguing about the outcomes they were finally out of ideas.

"Its 7:30PM. Everyone would have left the building", Lilly sighed as she got up from the stool, "We are stuck here for tonight", she said as she removed her suit and kept it on one of the empty shelves. She then let her hair loose and ran her fingers through them wincing as her head hurt due to the tight pony.

Aman watched her without blinking. She looked so beautiful that he couldn't help but stare at her.

"I am hungry", said Lilly turning toward Aman and she suddenly caught him staring at her, she frowned at first but let it be as she knew her long hair made people sometimes stare at her. "What do we have here", she said as she looked through the shelves for something to eat.

It was now Ama's turn to take off his suit. He kept it aside and loosened his tie, he then walked to where Lilly stood and pulled out a can of cookies, "This looks good", he said.

"Ah yes!", said Lilly excited, "But where do we find a can opener now?".

Aman smiled as he pulled out his keys, "Watch and learn", he said as he twisted his keys and tried to open the can.

Ten minutes had passed by, Lilly was now sitting on the floor leaning on to the shelf and Aman was still working on the can. "Aman we are supposed to eat the cookies 'before' I die of hunger", said Lilly shaking her head.

"This key is too blunt", Aman said as he pushed his hand with a little more force and the can gave way making the metal cut through the skin of his fingers. "Owwww", he yelped as he immediately retracted his hand wincing in pain.

"Oh my God Aman!", said Lilly as she came to him in an instant, "What have you done you crazy man?", she said and held his hand in both of her hands, "Oh God its bleeding", she said sounding worried.

"I-It's just a-a cut", Aman stuttered. He could not function as Lilly held his hand, the way she cared. He suddenly felt his heart race and the cut was not even paining anymore.

"Wash your hand first, I will see if there is first aid here somewhere", said Lilly as she pushed him towards a little washroom at the corner and went looking for a first-aid box.

"Found it", said Lilly, she got a little white box and knelt down by Aman's side who was now sitting on the floor after washing his cut in running water like an obedient kid.

"Give me your hand", said Lilly in her usual commanding voice. Aman obliged and starched out his hand. He watched her as she, ever so gently, dabbed some gauze onto his finger and then put a band-aid making sure she didn't hurt him while doing so. "Does it hurt bad?", she asked, her eyes showed so much concern than Aman's heart melted instantly.

"No... Not at all", he smiled.

"Okay, you stay here, now I will get something to eat for both of us", Lilly said as she stood up and went looking for food.

"Here", she said as she settled back on the floor with Aman. She had managed to find a bag of chips, some canned juice which had a lever so it could be opened without an opener and a packet of sunflower seeds.

Aman and Lilly spoke about everything as they ate their 'dinner'. Aman told her about his life in London. How he had chosen art as his career, how he had discovered UEE and how he had come to stay in LA. Lilly listened to his every word intently, asking a few questions here and there. Lilly did not talk about her past but she spoke about work, what plans she had for the programme, what ideas she wanted to implement.