Chapter 14 : I wish I was her man

"Love makes you do all kinds of things Aman", Aman heard her say and he felt his heart break in his chest.

She loves him?

He watched her wipe her tears away and sip her drink. How can she not see, that man does not deserve her love? He looked back at James who was laughing with Andrea in his arms. Him?

"Excuse me", he said as he got up from his chair and made his way out. He heard Sam call out to him but he shook his head, "Not now Sam", he said as he walked past her. He needed some fresh air.

Why am I so hurt? He wondered. He knew he was attracted to Lilly, he found her beautiful, kind and she was everything he wanted in a woman. But he didn't know that he was this attached to her that he felt so broken at the thought her being in love with someone else.

Does that mean something?

Does this mean... I love her?

...

Lilly lost track of time as she sat at the bar sipping her drink buried deep in her thoughts. She kept thinking about one person. James.

She had felt his touch almost after three long years. She had danced with him for their song after three long years. Three. Long. Years.

All the memories came crashing down in her mind.

FLASHBACK :

"I love you", said Lilly as he spun her around and held her back in his arms.

"Focus Lilly, I am trying to teach you the proper way to dance", said an annoyed James. James being a choreographer took his dance moves very seriously.

"I don't care, I just want to be in your arms", she giggled as she got close to him.

"LILLY!", he pushed her, "Are you serious? Does this look like a joke to you?", he shouted.

"Umm... S-s-sorry... I just-", she tried to talk.

"Ah forget it, there is no point teaching you. You don't even take anything I say seriously", he said as he pulled away.

"James it's not like that. Baby I love to dance", she pleaded but he just walked away.

...

"Baby! We are going to Mexico", said an excited James.

"When? And for what? I have a lot of work to do this week love", replied Lilly as she got down the stairs.

"You aren't even excited. Such a bad girlfriend you are", said James in a hurt voice, "You don't even care"

"Of course I care baby...", she came to him and put her arms around his neck, "Don't ever say that", she said and gave him a long passionate kiss.

"Okay so then pack your bags", he said as they pulled away, "we are leaving tomorrow, I have a performance day after", he grinned.

"Tomorrow? But I have five meetings scheduled-", she said as James cut her off with a kiss.

"I know you love me too much and you will re-schedule everything for me. You are on a vacation babe", he winked.

Lilly just kept silent. She knew that anything she would say to protest would make him mad. She picked up her phone to cancel the meetings.

...

"And yes, tweet your fans to buy my tickets... Tell them you would give them a follow for a ticket they purchase or some sh*t like that", he said as he browsed through his phone.