Chapter 17 : Trapped 3

Lilly woke up confused. It took a moment to realise where she was and how she got there. Her body felt sore sleeping on the hard floor. She looked around to see Aman who was sleeping at the other end of the room, quiet far from her. She then noticed how he had covered her with the coat and made a pillow for her. She smiled. Aman was indeed a really nice guy.

Lilly tied her hair up into a bun and went to the washroom to get fresh, she was starving as the few snacks and juice that she had eaten the previous night was not enough.

Lilly walked out of the washroom to see a groggy Aman walk towards the washroom.

"Good morning", he said in a raspy morning voice, his face looked like he clearly had not slept well.

"Morning Batman-deep", chuckled Lilly which made him smile instantly. Lilly had figured out Aman was indeed a huge fan of batman.

"Ah I am starving... What do we have?", Aman asked as he walked towards Lilly, who had set up a little 'breakfast' for them with some more chips and juice.

"The same thing as last night", sighed Lilly, "I hope they come and open the door soon, I cannot keep eating this. I need real food".

"They might notice our absence today and may be figure out we were here", Aman said with a hope.

"I don't know Aman... This is the last place anyone would think of", Lilly said as she munched on the chips. She noticed Aman had removed his turban and worn a bandana he fetched from the costume room. She herself craved to wear some sweat pants and sleep in the comfort of her bed at home.

...

"Do you want to have lunch?", asked Aman to Lilly. Lilly had been awfully quite since morning. Aman was beginning to worry. Though even he was beginning to get a little frustrated waiting for someone to come and open the door, he had managed to somehow keep calm and focus on something positive... Like Lilly.

"Lilly?", he called her again.

"What? By lunch you mean chips and juice again?", Lilly snapped, "Aaargh! What the eff is wrong with people? Why can they not come and open the freaking door", she said in frustration holding her head in her hands.

Aman was suddenly taken aback, he understood her irritation. He tried to soothe her down, "May be they will come in sometime... A little while-"

"How long Aman?", she cut him off, "The rehearsals must be over by now. They must have obviously figured out we are missing. What are they doing still?"

"Lill...", Aman said gently placing his hand on her shoulder to calm her down.

"I am sorry Aman...", she said after a few seconds, "I didn't mean to yell at you... It's not your fault".

"It's okay", Aman said gently. He just wanted to take her in his arms and tell her it was all going to be okay, but he restrained himself.

"I need a moment", she said and got up. She walked to another corner of the room and settled on the floor hugging her knees.

One hour passed by and Aman noticed that Lilly had not moved from her position. He knew that if Lilly would not eat, the hunger would get her even more irritable. He then thought of an idea.

Lilly was lost in thoughts, beating up herself thinking about what all work she could have finished in the time she spent in the store room when she heard Aman's footsteps. She looked towards the direction and saw Aman place a small can of cookies in front of her. It was the same can that he had hurt his hand trying to open it the previous day. He had somehow managed to open it.