Chapter 35 : Love lost in time.

Three years later :

"Can you for once stop being an emotional wreck and think practically Aman?", said Lilly in anger as she packed her bags.

"Oh I am so sorry.. It's my bad for being a human and having emotions", snapped Aman, his words dipped in sarcasm.

"Aman I do not have time for this, I am already late for my flight", said Lilly in frustration, "Do you mind", she spoke as she walked past him to her closet to get her jacket.

"Oh of course Lill, please continue and run away, that is one thing you are amazing at", Aman's words tumbled out before he could stop himself.

Now he had crossed the line.

"What did you just say?", Lilly asked, her voice low as she tried to keep a check on her temper.

Aman kept silent, he knew he shouldn't have said that, but he was too annoyed.

"Aman you very well know I don't run away from my problem. I like to solve problems instead of having long pointless discussion about how that God damn problem is hurting my feelings", she said. This was getting worse with time.

"Lilly, we are humans not your videos to correct the mistakes and get done with it. Sometimes we discuss the situation and our feelings because it just makes us feel better. There is nothing wrong in that", he snapped back.

"Everything is wrong with that", Lilly held her head in her hand, "Aman it is ridiculous to sit and talk about stuff that is not going to get us anywhere".

"It is going to give us time to bond and understand each other", he retorted.

"I don;t think so, we can bond pretty well while we solve the problem and then go watch a good movie instead", she said with arched eyebrows.

Aman shook ihis head, "You just don't get it", he sighed.

"Get what Aman? I am all about productivity. We should do things whoch makes us happy, focus on the positive", she stressed.

"Lilly you don't realise that there is also beauty in sadness, and unless we do not share our negatives together we do not complete each other", he explaind.

"You are ridiculous", Lilly finally closed her bag.

"Well you knew that way before didn't you? Why did you choose to marry me then?", he asked, his voice was bitter.

"I don't know... What was I thinking", she dragged her suitcase out of the room.

The car ride was filled with painful silence. Aman focused on the road trying hard to not react to the constant replay of their fight goin on in his head.

Lilly fiddled with the ring she wore on her right ring finger, a platinum band, her wedding ring.

Aman helped her with her bags and made sure she had everything ready.

"You got your scripts right?", he asked as he loaded the bag on the cart.

"Yeah I have it in that one", she said pointing to her back pack.

"Okay then, have a safe trip Lill", he said as they hugged.

"I'll call you when I reach", she whispered, "Don't skip meals, and don't skip sleep", she said.

Aman nodded. She gave him a quick peck of his lips and was off to New York.

Aman sighed as he sat back in his car. The radio started to play "Thinking out loud" by Ed Sheeran and he couldn't help the smile that now formed on his lips. It was his and Lilly's favourite song. His gaze drifted to the passenger seat as his smile faded.