Chapter 29 : The break

A/N : A special thanks to Salwa for editing the cover picture for this chapter. Do check her out twitter( @Iam5alwa ), she makes dope edits! :)
- Emotional Wreck

Aman woke up with a sore back. He did not remember when he had dozed off on the couch. The last thing he remembered was having a bad headache as hundreds of thoughts kept flooding his mind. He was hurt.

Aman was usually a patient man, but last night he had lost his cool when after all that he had done for Lilly, she had assumed he would be like James. He despised that shameless excuse for a man. The fact that he had been having a tough time at work with all problems occurring out of nowhere was not helping his present situation.

He missed his old life, he desperately wanted to take a canvas and fill it with the darkest colours at the moment. He wanted to feel the freedom of expression. But he couldn't. He was stuck with this job. He had signed the contract assuming Lilly would be with him forever, and the fact that she didn't reciprocate her feelings as much as him, it made him doubt his decision of singing the contract which was making him even more agitated.

He needed time.

Aman waled into the room to find Lilly had packed both his and her luggage and was sitting all dressed up and ready on the bed.

Lilly saw Aman and stood up instantly, "Hey", she said, nervousness clear in her voice.

Aman did not want to talk at the moment, he just walked to the washroom to get fresh and change. Lilly sighed and took the bags to the front door and sat on the couch waiting for him.

When Aman walked out ready to leave, he once again saw as Lilly sprang to her feet looking at him and she walked to him.

"Aman... Can we talk?", she said slowly.

Aman looked away; he knew that if he looked her in the eye he would not be able to stay strong.

"I need a favour Lill", he said instead of answering her question.

"Hmm? S-Sure Aman... What happened?", she asked concern filling up her eyes.

"I want us to take a break", he said carefully choosing his words.

"Break?", she asked, confused.

"Yeah... A few days, staying away from each other. So that you can figure out things Lill", he explained, "I am tired of assuming things, assuming love, commitment. I want you to be sure".

"But Aman I am sure",

"No Lill", he cut her off, "take a few days, even I need the time. May be a week or so... Please?", he asked, finally he looked her in the eye, she seemed confused, scared and in a way, sad.

"Okay Aman", she sighed, "A week".

.

.

.

Lilly woke up with her head throbbing the next day. It was pretty late when they had reached back home last night. Aman had barely spoken one or two words with her all through the journey and the silence had killed Lilly bit by bit.

She had surprisingly not cried. It was as if she was expecting this to happen, and was prepared for the pain.

She walked straight to the shower. As the cold water ran through her hair down her body she felt a sinking feeling, a feeling of realization and defeat. Aman was right when he had blamed her for being afraid of commitment. She was terrified of being hurt again, and that had been the reason she now felt he would never take her back.