Chapter 18 : Finally free

A/N : Another looooooong chapter! 😜🙈🙊 I just type a lot, I have a problem. Lol. - Emotional Wreck.

Aman woke up to see Lilly sound asleep beside him. Though there was still quite a bit of distance between them Aman's heart still skipped a few beats at the sight of her lying by his side. He smiled as he took in the moment and let it sink in. She looked so peaceful, and he did not wake her up as sin ce he felt she needed the few extra hours of sleep after what she went through last night.

Aman then went to freshen up, he was starting to feel sick of wearing the same clothes since past three days. He came back to see Lilly sitting up.

"Hey there!", he said in a cheerful voice, "Slept well?", he asked.

"Hmm yeah", said Lilly, her cheeks suddenly turning a light shade of pink as she recalled how she had snuggled up close to him last night. Though she was still a little worried about the spider, her actions last night was a little embarrassing to her.

"Sorry about last night, I have... umm.. A phobia of spiders", she said, trying to recover.

"It's okay Lilly", Aman smiled reassuringly, "We all have our phobias".

Lilly also freshened up and came back to sit down with Aman who was trying to open yet another can of cookies.

"Are you sure you want to do that after what happened last time?", she asked a little concerned.

"Don't worry, I now have a new trick", winked Aman as he twisted his keys in a weird way.

Lilly was about to say something when she heard the door of the storeroom being opened. Both Aman and Lilly sprang to their feet as the door swung open and Humble entered in.

"HUMBLE", said Lilly in excitement and she ran towards him.

"Wow... How long have you people been here for?", he asked as he hugged Lilly.

"More than two day I think, I have lost track of time", said Lilly as she pulled away.

"You are our saviour brother", said Aman as he hugged Humble after Lilly.

"I know", he chuckled as he pulled away, "Come on now, I know you people must be starving".

...

"This can be a story on the news", Humble said as he sipped his drink. All the three had gone straight to a restaurant once they were out. Aman and Lilly ate in silence for the first fifteen minutes, unable to resist their hunger and happiness.

"How did you guess we were there in the store room?", asked Aman as he finally took a break from eating.

"Haha! I used my detective skills", Humble winked, "No actually, I returned from Toronto yesterday and was surprised to see Lilly was not there at the rehearsals. I then got called from Lilly's parents telling me that they have not been able to reach her. I went to her home and checked a few places, and could not find her. I asked around in the team about the last time they saw her. They said they had not seen her or you since the previous evening of the rehearsals and that may be you both had gone in a hunt for costumes".

"Wow....", said Lilly as she pictured Humble's story in her mind.

"Well, I then figured out that may be, you would have gone down to the store room to check for the costumes. I just never thought you would be so stupid as to lock yourself inside", he chuckled.

"Hey! In my defence, I did not know it was an auto-lock", Lilly protested.

"Come on Lilly! How long have you been working in UEE? They take their goods very seriously", laughed Humble and Aman joined in. Lilly shook her head, "I owe you big time though, who knows how long we would have been stuck in there otherwise".