Chapter 20 : May I dance with you?

Aman was now busy setting back his cabin with his white sheets and color pens. He was excited to come back to his world of colors. It was the next day after the program was over and and Aman was feeling a little pang of sadness as he was now no longer working in close association with Lilly. Though it was a lot of work, it was always fun to be with Lilly.

Aman jumped as his cabin door suddenly swung open and an excited Sam entered.

"AMAN", she said as she literally pounced on him hugging him tight.

"Oh okay! Someone seems happy", said Aman as he hugged her back.

"Guess what? Oh my God! I won the best performer of the year", she exclaimed as she pulled away.

"Oh my God! Sam that is awesome! Congratulations", said Aman, "You deserved it man".

"Thank you... You know, now that I have won this award, I have the privilege to chose which ever team I want to work, and what ever field I want to work for", she explained.

Aman knew all this pretty well, but he did not want Sam to get a hint that he knew. He played along, "Oh wow, that is so cool Sam".

"You know what that means right? I can finally go to Team E and do what I love.... I am finally going to become a beauty guru Aman!", she said her eyes tearing up and she smiled ear to ear.

"I am so happy for you love", said Aman as he hugged her one more time, "Its long awaited". He pulled away, "But I am going to miss you so much", he said with a sad face.

"Ah... same Aman. But don't worry, you still live in my floor back home, and we will hang out every weekend", said Sam already making plans.

"Haha... Sure Sam... Sure", Aman chuckled. He knew pretty well that once Sam was out of this team, it would be a rarity to see her again.

"I will go tell David that I am finally free from the clutches of the crazy boss.... Ooops, I mean Lilly... I will see you later Aman", she said as she walked out of his cabin.

Aman smiled as he saw how happy she looked. His thoughts then drifted to Lilly. Little did Sam know that it was Lilly who was the main reason to get her into Team E.

Aman suddenly missed Lilly. He made his way to her cabin.

"Hey Lill..ly", he entered her cabin. He saw Lilly sitting in her chair holding the best team award trophy in her hand. "Admiring your own success aye?", he chuckled.

Lilly looked up, and smiled. "Hey Aman", she placed the trophy on the table, "No actually, I was thinking how this award mattered so much to me earlier, and how times have changed and now I don't give a damn about it", she chuckled. Lilly was never the one who measured success by awards. Her main goal was to entertain the masses. She only aimed to get this award so that James would feel she was not a failure. But now she was back to her old thinking where she really didn't care for the awards anymore.

"Is something bothering you Lill?", he asked concerned.

Lilly smiled at how Aman always cared. She was not used to being cared for and Aman always made her feel loved which was confusing to her. It was all new to her... The way he got worried abou her health, the way he always looked out for her, the way he called her 'Lill' whenever he was concerned.

"Lilly?", Aman called her again, "Are you okay? You seem so lost".

"Oh... No... Sorry, my mind is just all over the place", she smiled, "Thanks Aman", she suddenly said and Aman raised his eyebrows.

"What? Thanks for what?", he asked confused.

"Ummm... I don't know, for the past one month. It had been a difficult month for me, and you stood by like a true friend", she smiled.