Chapter 23 : I know you care.

It had been a week since Aman had been promoted as the Team Leader. He was all over the place and was finding it extremely difficult to manage everything.

"Hey Aman... How's it going Sir?", teased a smiling Sam as she walked into his cabin.

"Bad... Bad ... Bad!", said Aman as he held his head in his hands.

"Oh", Sam sat on the chair in front of his desk, "It's okay, it has just been a week, you will get used to it", she tried to calm him down.

"I don't know Sam... How did Lilly manage man? This is impossible", said Aman in frustration.

"Why don't you ask her help then?", Sam said casually.

Aman gave her a look, "Really Sam? Really?", he sighed, "After all that I told you", he shook his head.

"Aman you can't just give up like that boyyyy", she said as she played with the paper weight on his desk, "I would be pissed with you too if I was in her position", she chuckled, "To be honest I would have punched your face", she laughed.

"Not funny Sam", said Aman with a serious face. Lilly had not spoken to Aman since a week, and Aman was slowly losing hope of him ever being able to get her back again.

"I am not even joking", she said as she kept the paper weight aside, "You did have time in your hand to tell her before she knew it from the boss, and you did not tell her.... Instead you kissed her!", she rolled her eyes, "How stupid are you?".

"Sam please... I...", Aman's voice trailed off, "I don't know what to do...".

Sam placed a her hand on his, "It's gonna be okay Aman", she said softly. She felt bad looking at his state.

...

Lilly looked at her watch, it was a little past her usual lunch time. She had lost track of time yet again. She had shifted to the cubicle that Sam used to sit earlier. She being a pro in editing, would end up finishing her work way before the end of the day and the lack of more work made her restless so she would take work from the other people and do it herself too.

Lilly put her laptop to sleep and made her way to the cafeteria to have lunch. She did not got to 'Papas Kitchen' anymore. She went back to her old place, the left wing instead and ordered her usual sandwich.

She was half way through her lunch when she heard a familiar voice.

"How are you holding up Lilly?"

She looked up to see James standing in front of her. She sighed as she figured out he was here to taunt her about her state.

"What do you want James?", she said focusing back on her food.

"Nothing Lilly... I just wanted to know if you are okay", he said as he sat by her side, "What that artist guy did to you was wrong... So wrong", he said softly.

Lilly frowned as she looked up at him, "Wrong?", she chuckled, "Says a guy who was cheating on me".

James's face suddenly fell, "I agree that was something horrible that I did to you... But I was really stupid back then. It's the past Lilly. I am a changed person now", he said trying to sound as genuine as possible.

"Ummm... Does Andrea know how much of a 'changed person' you are being right now?", she chuckled.

James looked away irritated, then he turned to face her again. "Lilly what can I do to make you not hate me anymore?", he asked.

"Nothing James. Because I do not hate you anymore", she said casually.

James's eyes lit up, "You don't?", he asked, his voice hopeful.