Chapter 13 : Mysterious girl

Aman walked to the office the next day. Not because he had missed the bus, he was ready pretty early actually. But he just wanted some fresh air to clear his mind. He had not been able to sleep all night. After Humble had told Aman the reality about Lilly he could not stop thinking about her. He now saw everything she did, everything she said in a totally different light.

He finally reached the building and got to his floor. The place was dark as he was way too early and no one was in the office as yet. He walked slowly inside towards his cabin when he spotted someone go inside his cabin.

Who's that? He wondered as he slowly hid behind a wall and watched from afar. Within a minute the person came out, a girl with long hair tied into a pony in a pant suit.

Lilly!

He stood there surprised, What was she doing in my cabin?

He figured out she must have gone to check for some files. He waited for five minutes before he came out of his little hiding place and walked to his cabin.

He entered inside, kept his bag aside and settled in his chair. He took out his laptop and turned it on; he then looked towards his drawer to take out his files when he noticed the yellow post-it.

It suddenly dawned to him

"Oh my God...", he whispered as he picked it up. It read 'You are awesome; do not let anyone make you think otherwise'.

That familiarity that he felt when he looked at the notes, he suddenly realised what it was. He looked at the 'y's and 'l's... The letters match the one in her signature... It is her... he gasped as he figured it out.

She is the Secret Angel!

...

Lilly was trying to work in her cabin was unable to focus. She kept drifting back to the recent happening of the past few days. How she had asked Aman to work with her for this month, how she had bumped into James at the cafeteria, how Humble had asked her if she liked Aman, and how she had yelled at Aman the previous day.

Lilly felt bad for having shouted at Aman, but she suddenly panicked at the thought of him getting into trouble. He was a nice guy, with an amazing talent; she couldn't help but feel a little extra protective about him. She had put a note on his drawer in his cabin in the morning hoping that he it would cheer him up. After what happened the previous day, she doubted if he would ever come back to work with her.

"Lilly?", she looked up and was surprised to see Aman walk in, "Good morning", he said.

"Ummm... Good morning", she replied looking away, she felt a little guilty.

"So I got the list of new sponsors", he said hesitantly.

"Oh okay, please sit down", said Lilly and they stared to go through them one by one.

Lilly was relieved to have Aman back, and was pretty happy as they got a lot of work done by the evening.

"Should I get any files tomorrow?", Aman asked as he packed his stuff to leave.

"No... Tomorrow is just a formal party by the company, a little introduction to all the teams", Lilly replied, "It is an off day for you, you have been working hard far past two weeks, you can just relax and refresh a bit".

"That would be nice", Aman smiled, "By Lilly", he said before he walked out.

Ah that would be anything but nice, Lilly groaned as she thought about the party. She hated company parties and would usually come up with excuses not to attend it. But now she had no choice as she had to be there to represent her team.