Chapter 30: Run for your life

Cyrus' POV

I know at this moment nagtataka kayo kung bakit dumating pako. Can you really blame me? Alison is a very special girl.

Noong umalis kami, I promised Ali na babalikan ko sya... and I meant that promise. Nung nasa Canada kami, marami rin akong nakilala. I even thought of forgetting my feelings for Ali. I've dated many girls, I had fun... but there's always something that I'm looking for. And I can't seem to find it. That was when I realized that I will never find it here, it's with Alison. Wherever she is, that is where I'll find my happiness.

So when I finally got a chance to go back here in the Philippines, I didn't wait and grabbed it right away. I was so excited to see Alison so I went straight to her lola's house. The meeting was a good excuse to see her.

And I was right. Just the second that I've seen her that night I felt very happy. Not to mention the fact that she even greeted me warmly. Alison... God I missed her so much.

Nakokonsensya ako na binalak ko sya noong kalimutan, pero tapos na yun. I'm here to make it up to her. This time hindi ko na sya iiwan. I'll do everything to win her heart.

I know it's not that easy, especially when that Seth came into the picture. Who the hell is he by the way? A friend? Friend my ass. He obviously has a thing for Ali. If not then why does he look at her that way? And why is he so irritated when I talk to her?

Aalamin ko kung ano ba talagang balak nya kay Ali, ayaw kong may manakit pa sakanya. Alam ko nasaktan ko sya dati, at ayaw kong masaktan pa sya ulit ngayon. Maybe keeping her away from that guy will prevent her from getting hurt.

I sill love Alison. And I'm willing to do anything to make her happy. I will protect her, I'll make sure she'll never feel how to be left alone ever again.

***

Alison's POV

"Talaga?! sinabi nya yun?" bulalas ni Jaymie.

"Oo... diba ang wierd!" I told her about what Seth told me kanina. Ang wierd naman kasi talaga. Mortal Kombat yung usapan tapos ganun nalang bigla sasbihin nya.

"Parinig ba yun kay Cyrus?" tanong nya sa akin. Nandito nga pala kami ngayon sa canteen, lunch na kasi. Sa stall ni Kuya Jun. I ordered chicken curry tapos si Jaymie naman chopsuey. I still don't understand why she eats that thing. All I know is that meal is made up of all the things I hate in the world. Gulay. Eew.

"Ewan. Pero alam mo, ayaw nila sa isa't isa."

"Talaga? Paano mo naman nasabi?"

"They keep making harsh comments about each other. As in harap-harapan. Lalo na nung nasa orphanage kami" sabi ko habang nginunguya yung pagkain ko.

"Sinama mo sila dun?" tanong nya sakin.

"Well si Seth lang. Pero sinundan ako dun ni Cyrus."

"Wow ah persistent. Eh bakit mo sinama si Seth?" tanong nya ulit

"Ah malamang kasi wala ka?" pilosopo kong sagot.

"Ah oo nga pala.hehe wait, si Theo? Edi nasa sulok na naman sya? May ibang tao kasi eh"

"Nope. He played with Seth"

"Really? Ali that's the first time!" hindi makapaniwala yung itsura ni Jaymie. I told you mailap talaga yung batang yun.

"Yhup. but that was with Seth"

"What about Cy?"

"They don't seem to like him that much" I said matter-of-factly