Chapter 63: Give him up

Alison's POV

The past month has been the happiest I've ever been.

Dad and I became even more close, I finally gave Shiela the chance of becoming my second Mom. I have more friends, I am not as distant as I was.... and most of all, I have Seth.

Of all the blessings God has given me, he is the one I am most thankful for.

He sees past the walls I'd put up... saw the lonely and pathetic girl I was but stayed and made me realize that I should not be too hard on myself... he became a friend when I seriously needed one.

And now he treats like a princess and loves me the way I've always wanted to be loved... even way better than the way I want him to.

"Hey Princess... you ok?" he asks while tucking my hair behind my ear.

"Yhup... Seth?"

"Hmmm?" nasa hood kami ng car niya, nagsstar gazing kami. He insisted on resting my head on his arms. So I did.

"Why do you love me?"

"Ano namang klaseng tanong yan?" tapos tumingin siya sa akin.

"Eeeeeeehhhh dali na kasi" tapos nagpout ako hehe.

"I love you because... you're you. You never tried to be someone else. You show people who you really are and don't care if they like you or not. I love you because you you're simple and yet you never fail to amaze me with your every liitle way. I love you because you make me a better person. You are my strength and my inspiration.You encourage me to do better. You're my better half and you're the only girl that I see my self spending my forever with."

And I was speechless... really, what can I possibly say in return when he already said the sweetest words I've ever heard?

"Bukas monthsary na natin" mahinahon niyang sabi. "Anong gusto mo?" sabay tingin sakin.

"Ako? Wala... basta kasama kitang magccelebrate ok na ko"

"Are you sure? You don't want anything? A ring perhaps?"

"You're not gonna give me a ring tomorrow" natatawa kong sagot.

"Really? how can you say so?"

"Coz you already told me today. So wala ka talagang balak bigyan ako ng ring bukas" paliwanag ko.

"You're right. Hindi kita bibigyan ng ring bukas" then pulled out a box from his pocket. "Ngayon ko ibibigay" then he shifted on a sitting position.

"Princess... will you spend forever with me? Will you promise that you'll stay with me no matter what? Will you wait with me... until the right time comes when I can finally walk you down the aisle?"

Hindi ako makapagsalita... hindi narin ako makagalaw. Nakahiga parin ako sa hood ng sasakyan niya habang siya nakaupo. Pina-process pa ng utak ko yung nangyayari. Did he just propose to me?

"Alison... sagot naman jan oh?" tapos hinawakan niya yung kamay ko. At isinuot yung white gold na ring.

"Ha? Uhm... Ofcourse I will. I love you Seth" then I hugged him.

***

Samantha's POV

Mom and I just came home from a hearing. What hearing? An annulment... my parents' annulment. With my life crashing down like this, really what more can happen?

I looked out the window... the traffic is so heavy our car moves every 5 minutes.

"Mom? Lagi nalang bang ganito? Nawawala yung mga lalaking minamahal natin?"

"Honey... cheer up ok? You are pretty and smart. And Seth is not the only guy in the world. I'm sure you will find someone better" that's my Mom. Always optimistic. I wish I inherited some of that optimism but No. I totally grew up exactly like my Dad.

I sighed and focused my eyes at the park. It's the one with a Lady Godiva statue at one corner.

I saw a car that looks exactly like Seth's.... no wait, it is his car. They're lying on its hood. Stargazing? Seth never asked me to go stargazing with him.

Then he pushed himself upright, took out something from his pocket and held Alison's hand. Pain suddenly grips me. I stiffened when Seth obviously put a ring on her finger. She hugged him, and Seth kissed her forehead.

They are now both sitting and Alison's head rests on his shoulder. Seth has his arm wrapped on her waist.

I looked away. I couldn't take it anymore. It hurts so much.

Seeing them like that only made me realized what I just lost.

I remember when he made a banner just to say sorry... I remember when he hugged so tight. I remember when he sings to me whenever I'm sad.

How stupid of me to let it all slip from my hands.

He looks happy without me though... They look both happy.

Seth and I never did those kind of stuff. He never asked me to dance with him and sing to my ears. He never got jealous when a guy comes up to me and asks my number. He doesn't laugh the same way as he does when he's with Alison. And never has he ever gave me a ring before.

"Honey are you ok?" asked Mommy.

"Yeah Mom. Just fine" but deep inside I really feel like my heart is being reaped out of my chest.

Ganun pala talaga noh? Marrealize mo lang kung gaano kahalaga yung tao kapag wala na siya... kapag napunta na siya sa iba.

Akala ko kasi kami na talaga ni Seth. Akala ko hindi na kami maghihiwalay... Akala ko hindi niya ako iiwan kahit nagkamali ako. Psh. Puro akala lang naman.

Finally umandar na ulit yung kotse. Atleast I don't have to endure the pain in seeing them so happy.

Paano nila nagagawang maging ganun kasaya? Si Seth... agad na niya kong kinalimutan? Nagmakaawa na ko para patawarin niya pero wala parin. Mas pinili niya si Alison.

Si Alison na walang ibang ginawa kundi agawin lahat ng meron ako.

Ako dapat yung kasama ni Seth ngayon, ako dapat yung katabi niya.

Ako dapat yung hinahalikan niya, yung niyayakap... ako dapat yun, hindi si Alison.

Kahit si Benj iniwan na ako. Wala ng natira sa akin... lahat sila kampi kay Alison. Bakit ano bang meron siya na wala ako? Eh mas maganda pa nga ako at mas matalino sakanya eh.

"Mom? Bakit hinayaan mong mawala sayo si Dad?" I asked out of nowhere.

"Things are more complicated than they seem to be Sweety.... Your Dad and I, we just... I don't know. We just became strangers to each other. I thought we were ok. But then we realized it's just not working out anymore. I just have to give up" she replied.

Give up? I have to give Seth up? He seems happy with Alison. I've never seen him like that before. But does that mean I have to give him up?

No. I wont. I'm not giving up. I told you I'm going to steal Seth away from her. He's mine. Only mine.

Hindi ako matutulad sa Mommy ko na hinayaan lang makuha ng ibang babae ang asawa niya.

Magkakapatayan na kapag hindi ko siya nakuha ulit.