Chapter 21: The Crying Lady

Seth's POV

Is fate picking on me? All the crazy things happened to me for not over a year. It all started one summer, then sunud-sunod na. And I think what happened last night was the worst....

(flashback)

It was 10pm when I heard the doorbell. I was busy drinking the last two bottles of whiskey I had found in the kitchen. "hell you are so drunk" I said to myself when I stumbled upon the carpeted floor. I went out of the house and opened the gate.  

"Samantha... " I threw my arms at her. 

"Seth you've been drinking again" then she helped me back in the house.  

I was drunk, but yeah I remember everything that happened. That's the thing with us guys, we get drunk and still remember everything.  

I reached for the glass I haven't emptied yet but she took it from me. "No more drinking Seth, I'm gonna put you to bed", she put my arm on her shoulder and we went upstairs to my room. She made me sit, then took off my shirt. "Hintayin mo ko jan." then she went out of my room. I don't know what to think of Sam, she was so sweet then she was distant. She told me to rethink about everything then she shows up at my house and takes care of me? Have you ever heard of the song Jenny? well she pretty much acts like the girl that song was referring to. 

She went back carrying a small basin with water and face towel. 

"Why are you here hon? did you miss me?" I reached for her hand. 

"I don't know... something tells me I have to check on you, and my instinct was right after all" she said not looking at me. She started to wipe the wet fabric on my face. "para kang bata Seth, bakit ka ba uminom?" she's now wiping my arms. 

"Your fault" I said as I lay flat on my back. 

"We need to do this Seth" she reached my chest. I kissed her backhand then pulled her down beside me. 

"You know how I feel about you Sam" then I kissed her.  

Maybe it's the alcohol, or the fact that I was half naked, but I felt the heat in my body. Sam was responding to my kisses and I can't help but to deepen the kiss a little more. She put her arms around my neck, I moved on top of her and trailed kisses down her neck. 

"Seth..." I felt her body tensed. 

"Just let me love you Sam, please. Let's forget about everything. Just let me...." I whispered to her and continued to kiss her, this time more passionate.  

I love Sam, theres no doubt to that. I'm willing to take care of her, to love her. But she wont let me, why wont she let me? If this is how to show her how I feel for her, then let it be... Just for a night Sam, I'll show you how much I love you.

(end of flashback)

Now I'm at Zennith, remember I told you about hating bars and clubbing stuffs? I take it all back, tito Erick's bar is one of the coziest bars I've seen. It's pretty cool and neat. Or timing lang na matino yung mga costumer na nadito kapag pumupunta ako? Maybe yes maybe no. I was drinking again, but no I have no plans of getting drunk this time. I'll be driving myself back home and the last thing I want right now is to crash my car into some post or tree or some concrete and hurt myself for being stupid. 

Last night's episode was all so surreal for me. Maybe for Sam too, because when I woke up she wasn't there. No note, no text, no signs of her in my house. Did she regret what happened? I hope not, I don't wanna sound cheesy but that was my first. It was special. I hope it was as special to her too.  

I looked around to see if there is anyone I know. Oh ok? Wala naman. I turned back to my bottled friend and gulped it down to the last drop. I gestured at the bar tender to give me another one and he nodded. Ten seconds and he gave me another beer.  

I felt someone take the sit beside me so I tilted my head to see who it was. The girl's head was bowed and her hands cover her face, she looks as if she's fighting the urge to cry but finally gave up. "Mind your own business Seth", bulong ko sa sarili ko. I heard her order a drink, her voice sounds familiar but I didn't bother to look at her. 

I still can't forget what happened last night. Sam... why wont she call me? I really want to talk to her after what happened. I thought it will settle things between us, I thought everything will be back the way it was. But she seemed to be more distant now. She has not contacted me yet and I don't know why. 

The girl ordered another drink, this time she caught my attention. Her voice sounded wierd, I think she's crying. I stared at her but her hair was collected at an angle that I coudn't see her face. Now she's sobbing, and I don't know what to do. I just stared at her waiting what she would do next. Then she stopped after a few seconds. 

"How long are you planning to stare at me?" I heard her say... She knows that I was staring at her? Wait.... that voice, there is only one girl who has that voice. But it couldn't be, why would she cry like that? She turned to look at me. And I was right.. it was Alison.