chapter one

Serenity Morales

"Jesus, Marissa, do you have to have a fucking party every time Mom and Dad are out of town?" I barked at my older sister.

She waved me off, fixing herself a drink. I watched as the bracelets moved with every hand movement. Her long hair was hanging over her shoulders in loose curls , ignoring me. I was wondering if she was buzzed.

The thing is, she selfishly never warned me about this shit. She never warned me when she was having a party. I was always awoken to loud blaring music and chatter. That, or I was downstairs and a sea of people invaded my house. It was plain irritating to say the least.

I always had to make sure to lock our parents room, including mine. I don't want anyone having sex in our beds.

"Here," she shoved the red solo cup at me, nearly spilling the content out on my regular jeans and shirt. Unlike her, I hated parties and this was my house, I wasn't dressing up for anything. She had on a short dress, not short enough to be considered slutty. It hugged her thin body in all the right places; it only did her justice. "Drink this, maybe it'll get you to relax."

I scoffed. "I'm not drinking this." I placed it on the counter, crossing my arms. "And I certainly do not have to relax, what you need to do is get rid of all of these people."

"Do you ever lighten up?" She stumbled a little. "You're such a downer. Enjoy these college boys instead of those 'boys' you date in that crappy ass high school. You'll be exposed to it next year, anyway."

I was nearly fuming.

Before I could retaliate, a boy with beach blond hair and ocean blue eyes was making his way up to Marissa. He scooped his arm around her back and she smirked at his figure towering over her 5'5 frame.

"Hey, babe," he murmured.

She bit her lip. "Hey, Johnny."

I rolled my eyes and he looked at me. "Who's this?"

"Just my little sister," she waved me off, turning his face back to hers. I left once they started kissing.

I grabbed the cup, sipping some. This was disgusting, I was never one for alcohol. I was looking around at the scene, wanting nothing more than to make my way upstairs.

"Hey, Serenity."

I turned around to find Lucas looking back at me. His green eyes swirled with worry as I let a breath of relief out. Lucas and I weren't friends friends but we have had classes together since sophomore year. He was fairly good looking but sweet as well. Also, I knew him since he we dating my best friend Korina. I knew she was one for parties so I wondered why she wasn't here.

"Hey, Lucas," I sighed in relief. "It's good to see a familiar face."

He laughed. "No offense, but I'm surprised you aren't locked up in your room right now."

I laughed as well. "Literally, none taken. I was just on my way there now."

He nodded. "I'll let you be, see you in school."

I said goodbye as well, deciding to make my way up to my room. As I reached the top of the steps, I nearly choked on my drink. I coughed a little seeing a guy leaned against my bedroom door with a lit blunt in between his lips. My eyes widened in disbelief, I couldn't believe what I was seeing. Now this was just plain ridiculous. I angrily made my way up to the guy, glaring at him.

I took note on the sleeve of tattoos, not to mention the black V neck that clung to his body. Jeans are on his legs as well as vans on his feet. His face was a different story—non comparable to his clothes of course. Who was this glorious Adonis, leaned against my bedroom door smoking weed?

His caramel eyes lazily looked at me. "If you want a hit, I don't share," he muttered, his voice low and raspy. I furrowed my eyebrows.

"I wasn't—"

"Maybe if you give good head," he said making me squint my eyes, "I'll sell you some but judging by your poor attire, you're no fun."

I was stunned and disgusted. "Who the fuck do you think you are?"

He rolled his eyes. "Look, it's not my fault you come to a party dressed in that."

"Look," I mimicked him, "I don't need a druggie commenting on the way I dress."

I have never met anyone so—no pun intended—blunt. So arrogant and utterly disgusting. He thinks I want a hit of his blunt then insults my lazy attire. Sorry, I wasn't prepared for the party and I was happily lounging in my room. My hair was in a ponytail, my oldest pair of jeans on and a plain shirt. Sure, I wasn't looking the most ravishing but I was not looking anywhere under the solid rate on a 7.5. Of course, Adonis here was a solid 10 on my scale and hell, anyone who would see him here.

"Just like I don't need a priss killing my buzz." He shrugged his shoulders lazily, keeping one foot propped on the door.

"I'm not killing your buzz, asshole. All I want is to get inside my fucking room but no. Instead, I come upstairs to find a pretentious asshole lounging on my door lazily smoking something that if caught, you would get arrested for. And couldn't you do that outside?" I scoffed.

He inhaled, blowing the smoke out in my face making me cough. I really wanted to smack him.

"You live here?"

"Well, duh."

"Watch that mouth of yours, princess, it'll kill you."

I almost laughed. "Are you threatening me in my own house?"

His personality ruins all of him. Fuck his god-like body and gorgeous face.

"You consider that threatening?" His shoulders shook from laughing. "Threatening is me telling you this, so listen carefully. Go be a good little girl and fuck off before I blow your brains out and not in a good way."

I was a little scared. I mean the guy practically admitted that he was a drug dealer the minute I met him, offering to sell me weed and now he's threatening to shoot me. I don't know what this man is capable of but all I wanted to do was go in my room and he was ruining my plans.

"You're still in front of my room door," I stated, trying not to stammer.

"I'll move when I'm done. If you really want to, you can stand there ogling at me like you did earlier."

I slipped my phone from my back pocket. "You wanna play? Fine, I'll just call the police, wouldn't they be interested to know what's going on here."

"You're bluffing." His voice and answer were smoothe. "Now, put the phone away and quit pretending like you actually have the balls to do it."

I huffed. "Can you just move?"

"What's the magic word?" He teased.

"Get the fuck out of my way you bombastic idiot," I barked out before I could even stop myself.

He tutted at me. I took another sip of my drink, practically chugging it down actually. Still tasted disgusting.

He checked the time on his phone. "You're lucky I have somewhere to be and people to see."

He leaned off the door and I went to it. I opened it with my key.

"And I meant it when I said, watch your mouth." He was close enough to make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I made my way into my room, locking it behind me instead of taking a last look at his annoyingly gorgeous face.

At least I would never have to deal with him again.

Or so I thought.

DISCLAIMER: 

I started writing this story in 2014 so everything with ages are off. I stopped for like a year, but now I'm ready to finish it and I'm back and better than ever!

Also, I started writing this on JBFF and it's on there. I am trainwreck from JBFF. I'm not stealing anybody's work okay. 

Hope you all like it