chapter twenty seven

Serenity's POV

"Oh, wow," a voice said.

I nearly bit my tongue, pulling away from him, flustered and all. I was till seated on his lap and his grip on me didn't loosen. If anything it tightened. My shirt did fall back into it's normal position which I was grateful for.

"Marissa..." I trailed off.

Saying that this was awkward, was an understatement. Not only was Justin not supposed to be in the house, but he's in my room and she caught us making out. Truth be told, I was wondering if it would have escalated if she hadn't interrupted us.

"Oh, wow," she repeated, her eyes on the two of us. "I'm surprised to say the least."

"Must you?" I groaned in annoyance.

I tried to pull myself off of his lap, but he kept a heavy grip on me. I looked at him in confusion, not wanting to vocally tell him to let me go.

"Do mom and dad know he's here?" She asked.

"Do mom and dad know when you bring your random fucks here? Do mom and dad know when you throw parties? Do mom and dad know when—"

She cut me off. "Okay, I get it. Mom and dad don't know he's here but I'm impressed. Not only do you have a hot boyfriend, but you're fucking him! I thought you would've strung him along until he married you."

I glared at her. "Can you get out?" Not only was I annoyed that she called him hot, but I really didn't need her embarrassing me like this. Justin was neither my boyfriend and we didn't have sex.

'But you were going to,' I heard a voice in the back of my mind say.

I ignored it, still continuing to blush in discomfort.

"Fine, fine," she laughed, going to leave.

"And don't mention this to mom and dad," I told her. She went to say something else, but I cut her off. "I'm serious."

"I know you are," she waved me off. "By the way, Justin. You don't happen to have any drugs on you, do you?"

I think I stopped breathing.

I tried not to make it obvious by glancing at him, but I was scared shitless.

"Drugs?" I laughed nervously. "Why do you ask?"

She ignored me, awaiting his answer.

He narrowed his eyes at her. "What are you getting at?"

"I'm just asking if you have drugs on you. I know my sister would never," she laughed. I could tell she wasn't being serious. She had to have found out what he did, but I wasn't going to bring it up. The last thing I needed right now was Marissa knowing what Justin did.

"I don't do drugs, sorry," he said causing her to snort.

"Oh, right. I forgot. You just sell them," she said, continuing to chuckle.

Justin and I both shared a look and I swallowed hard.

"What? No, he doesn't." I was the worst liar. I couldn't believe this was happening right now and quite honestly, I should just shut up. If anything I was making it even more obvious that what she found out about him is true.

"Where did you hear that?" He asked, sounding bored. I didn't know whether he was going to deny it or just admit the truth. Either way, I didn't think we were safe.

"Through the grapevine," she shrugged.

"Well, I don't deal drugs."

She snorted. "Oh, please. I know you do. So, Serenity tell me how long you've known. Is that why you two got together? Is he your dealer?"