chapter three

Serenity's POV

I was dressed and ready to go to Lucas' surprise party. I had already taken a shower and attempted to do my makeup. Accoring to Korina the party had started at seven but it was nine and I still haven't left the house.

I was too busy looking at myself self consciously. I decided to curl my hair after not liking it straight. I had light eyeshadow and eyeliner on. I put on red lipstick and it was true, I looked hot but I was still uncomfortable. Red pumps were slipped on my feet, the color of blood like my lips as well.

"Well, well, well," I heard from behind me. I didn't bother looking, I could see Marissa in my full body mirror standing behind me. "If it isn't little miss, 'I hate parties' all dressed up."

I rolled my eyes, turning around. "Korina's having a surprise party for Lucas and insisted I come."

She laughed. "Make sure not to sit in the corner by yourself. Don't ruin the Morales party girl name."

My nose crinkled. "That's a thing?" I rolled my eyes, checking my phone.

From: Korina

Where are you?

"I got to go, you're not gonna come?" I asked. I didn't really care nor want her to come with me, anyway.

She waved her hand. "Nah, I don't want to go to some dumb high school party."

"You were in high school two years ago," I pointed out. "I'm leaving, I'll be back so don't lock the door."

I shut my room door behind me, going down the steps. I took a taxi to Korina's house, stepping out. I pulled down my dress, clearing my throat. I took a calming breath as I entered her house.

Everyone was lively. I closed the door behind of me, the deafening music evident to my ears. I decided on trying to find Korina and putting my purse in her room.

I pulled out my phone, thumbing a text to her. I asked where was she and she replied that she was over by the bar in her kitchen.

"Excuse me," I have had to say at least 1000 times. "Sorry." Pushing my way through people. I tried not to swing every time I was gropped or someone slapped my ass. Disgusting. Guys were absolute pigs.

I felt someone grab my wrist. "Come dance with me." Whoever said that, his breath wreaked of alcohol.

"Hell no, get off of me." I ripped my wrist from his grip.

I continued on my way to the kitchen. Spotting Korina, Lucas' arm was wrapped around her waist. She was laughing at something he said before she kissed his cheek. I was envious.

"Happy birthday, Lucas." I grinned, pulling him into a hug.

"Thank you," he smiled back.

"Hey, can I get the key to your room? I have to—"

"You look hot!" She suddenly exclaimed, cutting me off. "I knew I was right about that dress on you." She looked at Lucas. "I know a certain someone who'll go crazy."

"Who?" I raised an eyebrow.

What the fuck?

She laughed it off. "Oh, nobody in particular, I meant everyone."

Certain someone didn't sound like everyone. Yet again something she was keeping from me. I tried not to get annoyed as she reached for the key in her clutch.

"Here and make extra sure to lock it back." She sent me a serious look.

I nodded. "Yeah, thanks."