chapter nineteen

Serenity Morales

It was so hard to sleep last night. I had to have woken up at least three times. It was anything but peaceful. I must have bugged Justin with my constant moving and sometimes I had flashbacks and started crying again. I tried to stick to my side of the bed because I didn't want him to worry about me but somehow I always found myself wrapped in his arms again.

I wasn't welcomed in my own home and I must admit it made me feel like shit. When I woke up it was because I heard murmuring voices. They were obviously trying to be hushed. I could feel someone stroking my hair softly and judging that my face was pressed against a warm chest, I assumed it was Justin.

"Is she okay?" I heard a soft voice ask.

I heard him let out a breath. "No, she's not. Yesterday was a fucking disaster."

"Shouldn't you wake her up?" the voice that I was more than sure belonged to Blue asked. "It's almost three."

"She's exhausted. I'll just leave her be. She deserves some rest after yesterday."

Silence for a while. "You care about her don't you?"

I didn't know what his response was because he didn't say anything. I felt body movement and I was hoping he was nodding his head yes. Yesterday, brought a new view into my eyes. I felt like my eyes were finally open. Admitting was a relief. I felt as though all the weight was lifted off of my shoulders. I didn't even realize that I screamed it mid argument but it made me realize. I do actually maybe sorta kind of like this guy. Oh, and I know this may actually sorta kind of kill me. I chose him over my own family. Was I perhaps insane or was I correct for doing what made me happy?

"Should I make her something to eat?"

He began rubbing my back too.

"Yes, please. That would be great."

I heard her let out a sigh. "I'll tell you when it's ready."

"Okay."

I felt him stretch as the door closed.

"Come join us downstairs whenever you're ready, princess," he murmured gently, kissing my forehead. He untangled himself from me and I missed his warmth. The duvet went over me and I heard him leave the room as well.

I fell back asleep, waking up only when I wondered what time it was. It was 6:30 pm, crap. Crap, crap. I did not sleep my whole day away. The fact that I had to go back to school tomorrow made me want to cry. I got in the shower and of course started thinking about it and sunk to my knees and just cried even as the water poured down on me. When I was all cried out, I actually showered and then brushed my teeth.

I put on my bra again and towel dried my hair before going into Justin's room. I put back on my shirt with my jeans.

Walking downstairs was greatly resented. I knew Justin was down there but who else was down there? Would anyone try and laugh at me or make me feel worse? I wasn't in the mood to see anyone or talk to them. When I reached the bottom of the steps, my legs led me to the kitchen and I ran into Korina.

"I'm so sorry," she told me and I shrugged it off.

"It's okay."

"No it's not okay. You know it's not okay and I know it's okay. Hell, even Obama knows it's not okay. Your mom will apologize once she realizes how unfair she's being. Remember when she didn't like me because I swore too much?"

I cracked a small smile. "Yeah."

"And now she loves me. I know it seems bad now but it will get better, okay? I love you."