chapter thirty four

Serenity's POV

It would've been nice to sleep out there but it was way too cold to be sleeping in a car. We said instead we'd do it again on a nice spring day. Truthfully, I didn't want to leave the spot. After a whole lot of kissing, it was hard to pull away or even want to move. But truthfully, hypothermia did not sound pleasant to either of us so we began the journey back home.

"Home or your house?" He questioned.

"Home," I replied, biting down on my inner cheek. Home.

It seemed home was where he was.

He nodded and kissed my hand that was already wrapped in his. The night went smoothly and as planned. Much to Korina's and her gift's dismay there was no birthday sex.

"Today was such a long day, I'm so exhausted," he groaned. "When we get home I'm going to sleep."

I nodded in understanding. "I'll join you."

"That sounded way more suggestive than I think you realize," he commented making me roll my eyes but giggle.

"You wish."

"You're right."

I looked over at him hesitantly. The thought had cross my mind and I knew from prior experiences that Justin was in fact sexually attracted to me but I knew how far that ranged. I bit down on my bottom lip, wondering if he ever wanted to have sex but just didn't say anything. Sure I've had desires and impulses but nothing major. He was probably used to girls giving it up easily. Would he get tired of me if I didn't give it up soon?

I shut my eyes and snuggles against his shoulder as he drove. I didn't want to overthink. I just wanted to get home and sleep comfortably in the bed next to my boyfriend.

When we arrived home, I felt my body calling for the bed. It must've been around 3 or 4 in the morning.

"Be quiet, people are sleeping," I hissed at Justin as he heavily walked in and shut the door with a slam.

"I am being quiet," he rolled his eyes before grabbing my hand. "Come on."

"The light is on in the living room," I pointed out.

"One of them probably left it on," he muttered. "Idiots."

We went into the living room only to stop in our tracks. Daniel was seated on the sofa as he stared back at the both of us.

"I called," he said. "I texted and you didn't answer."

"I was busy," Justin mumbled, stuffing his hands in his pocket. "What's up?"

"Something happened," Daniel said quietly. I felt a pang in my chest as fear rose within me.

"What?" Justin asked. Daniel remained silent. "What happened, Daniel?"

"You might want to sit down for this."

"No, I'm fine standing. Tell me what happened." He was gravely serious but I could see the worry in his eyes.

"Your dad...he..."

"My father?" Justin's face scrunched up in confusion.

"He died last night, Justin."

I stopped breathing. I looked at Justin hesitantly but he never broke. He didn't even blink. He didn't look upset as I expected. He just remained the same with a blank look on his face ever since Daniel mentioned his father.

"Okay," he replied before turning back to me. "Ready to go upstairs?"

I was a little shocked. I must've blinked a couple of times. "I'll be up in a minute."