chapter forty one

Serenity's POV

I could nearly feel myself squealing with excitement. When my doctor discharged me, I couldn't help but feel excited. I was finally going home. I was finally going to sleep in a comfortable bed and not have to wear those ugly hospital clothes. I was finally going to see Justin after not seeing him for the past three days. I missed him. I missed him terribly and the second I saw him, I was never going to let go.

I felt as though I couldn't sit still in Korina's car. My eye swelling had gone down but my skin was still the same blackish-blue color, just not as noticeable. Still, noticeable much to my dismay. The last thing I wanted for when I saw Justin was for him to recoil and look at me in shock. I wanted a warm reception. Hopefully he missed me as much as I missed him.

"Be careful when you hug him. Remember his shoulder and arm still hurts," she said. I nodded eagerly. I just wanted to get there already. "This is the cutest thing I've ever seen."

I whipped my head over to her. "What?"

"How excited you are to see him."

I smiled and looked out the window. I could tell we were closer and I could feel butterflies in my stomach. He didn't even know that I was coming home today, which was the best part. I was going to surprise him.

When the car finally stopped, I hopped out excitedly. I walked quickly inside of the house in search of him but was stopped as arms were thrown around me.

"I am so glad you're okay," Blue squeezed the living hell out of me. "A piece of me would've died with you if anything had happened to you."

"How sweet," I said, wishing I wasn't constantly reminded that I could have in fact died.

"Thank you for caring about me."

"Of course. I can see your desperation to get away from me and I'm not mad or going to fight you on it. He's upstairs in his room."

I thanked her and went up the steps towards his room. I probably should've knocked but I pulled open the door and saw him laying on his bed, shoving chips into his mouth. He stopped midway and stared at me in shock.

"You're here," he grinned, breaking the silence first. "Come here. I fucking missed you."

I rushed into him and hugged him. He groaned and I quickly apologized. He kissed me fervently. "I missed you even more. Please never leave me again. I was so scared when Korina told me what happened." I gulped.

"And I was scared when I thought that son of a bitch was going to win. Then when I saw your neck...Baby, I wanted to see you but they've kept me locked in this house on bed rest." He gestured to his arm in the sling. "I couldn't exactly use physical force or drive. It's been hell being away from you."

"Ditto," I nuzzled my nose against his. "Did you mean what you said?"

He tilted his head a little, giving me a soft look. He already knew what I was talking about before I even got the chance to explain. I was grateful because I didn't know how to explain without sounding dumb. "Of course I did."

I kissed him. "I love you."

I felt him smile. "I love you even more." His hand reached up to my face before he frowned. He looked a little solemn as he stroke the corner of my eye. "Does it hurt?"

"Just a little," I muttered with a soft sigh. "How does your shoulder feel?"

"Way better than the first night, I'll tell you that. I couldn't even fucking sleep," he groaned. "I especially couldn't sleep without you here."