Turn 12: Brothers

Yza woke up on the couch blinking his eyes

Yza woke up on the couch blinking his eyes. He rubbed his head and propped himself up as the Ayaza that was sleeping on his stomach was then pushed down to below his crotch.
"Man, what happened last night?" Yza groaned in annoyance. He looked at the scatter of cans of fizzy drinks and piles of cards. "Oh yeah..." He sighed as he remembed what happened last night.

"Ok, so with these new cards, what changes should we make?" Yza asked.
"How about we add this ride chain?" Ayaza suggested.
"Yeah, sure!!" Yza smiled.

"We stayed up till 5am last night to make my deck yet we still fail..." Yza groaned as he thought as Ayaza yawned softly. "Good morning." Yza said. Ayaza noticed where he was screamed.

(Insert your favourite vanguard theme song here)

"Why in the actual crap am I anywhere near your thing!!" Ayaza said as he dropped to the floor and pointing at Yza's crotch.
"Calm down, you fell asleep on me." Yza sighed.
"I swear if anyone finds out and makes a fanfic about us I'm gonna kill 'em!!" Ayaza exclaimed, red.
"Anyways... Its 12pm and I'm hungry. Subway?" Yza suggested.
"Subway." Ayaza smiled as Yza helped Ayaza get back up.

A long red haired boy with his hair in a messy mop style walked down the street with chopsticks in his mouth holding a pot of noodles. He grabbed the chopsticks and started eating.
"Ah, the wonders of food." He smiled. "Now where would Yza be..." He questioned. He had a black blazer over his white button up shirt, sandy coloured trousers and black polished shoes. He was Maxios, Yza's older brother.

Yza walked out eating a sub.
"Where you off to?" Ayaza asked as he followed.
"I don't know. Wherever the world takes me!!" Yza grinned.
"You sound like a hippy." Ayaza rolled his eyes and started to eat his sub.
"Heh." Yza laughed. His phone rang. Yza grabbed his phone and answered it.
"Hello?" He asked.
"Hey Yza, your brother is at Card Capital 2 and is looking for you!!" Rino exclaimed.
"Maxios... What does he want?" Yza replied coldly.
"I don't know. Bring your deck and come over I guess." Rino sighed.
"Ok then..." Yza said as he ended the call.
"Whats up?" Ayaza asked. Yza ignored Ayaza and ate while dashing off to Card Capital 2.
"Hey, wait up!" Ayaza exclaimed.

"Generation Stride!! Dark Dragon, Phantom Blaster "Diablo"!" Maxios smirked. "Activating Stride skill, retiring your vanguard's booster! Then I counterblast and G Persona blast! 10000 power and extra crit! (26000 > 36000/1★ > 2★) Thats not all, an extra skill aswell! Then I call Dark Saga Painter and he attacks your rear guard for 9! (9000)" Maxios declared.
"No guard!" The boy said as he retired it.
"Now I attack your other rear guard with Macha! (9000 > 16000)" Maxios smirked.
"No guard?" The boy questioned.
"Now, witness the black edges of despair ruin your troops! I retire Charon and Dark Saga, you must retire 2 to guard! And since you only have 1 rear guard," Maxios said as he pointed at Assualt Eradicator, Saikei. "You can't guard!"
"Tch, it doesn't matter I'm on 3 damage!!" The boy stuck his tongue out.
"Then watch me pull..." Maxios started as he took the top card. "A critical." He smirked as he flipped it over, revealing Grim Revenger. The boy gasped in shock.
"N-no way you cheat!!" The boy exclaimed.
"Just luck my very good sir." Maxios chuckled as he flipped over the two other cards which weren't important.
"Damage check... (Eradicator, Egghelm Dracokid, Machine Gun Eradicator, Kantou, Two-sword Eradictor, Koenshak) Y-you win..." The boy sighed. Maxios laughed as he rubbed his nose as he felt a tap on his back and turned around.
"Oh hi here!" He greeted, as the boy greeted him with a punch to the face.
"Quit the hello's Maxios, I know who you are!!" Yza cried with all his anger.
"Yza?" Maxios asked as he got up and wiped his face.
"Damn right its me you bastard!!" Yza exclaimed angrily towards Maxios.
"Whats up?" Maxios asked as Yza looked at him sternly.
"More like whats up with you?! Why did you go ahead and leave us when we needed you the most?! Why did you leave when I needed you the most!! All my friends were droved away from me because I had no one left to talk to!! Mum was always at work, Rukia left and so did you!! And ever since you left to go to that damned military, our mother had to work double shifts and occasionally skipped dinner because we were low on cash!!" Yza exclaimed angrily at him.
"Yza I can explain..." Maxios said.
"I don't want your pity explanation, I want to never see your face again!! SO DON'T TRY TO ACT LIKE MY BROTHER EVER AGAIN!!" Yza cried out. Maxios looked at the crying Yza as he put his head down in shame.
"Yza... I'm sorry for everything I've done." He said softly as he bent down to Yza's level and ruffled his hair. "I know I may have not been the best of bro's, but I can try to be one now..." Maxios said as he hugged Yza tightly as he could feel Yza's warm tears drip down his shirt. Yza pushed Maxios away from him.
"..." Yza wiped away the tears from his eyes.
"Fine, if you wont talk then let our cards do the talking." Maxios said in desperation as he held up his avatar card.
"Fine..." Yza replied, gritting his teeth and wiping his tears.