Turn 42: Revenge

"Goddammit Ayaza..." Ayato sighed. His phone started to ring as he answered. "Hello?"
"Hey Ayato!" Zeon said.
"Hello, what is it?" Ayato asked with a sigh.
"He wants you to keep a close eye on your opponent. She has ties with you know who." Zeon said.
"Give me a break, you've already done your assigned task and now your pushing me to do it now? Look, I know you did yours already and everyone else has yet to complete there's, but mate, you don't need to do it within a couple of months!" Ayato exclaimed.
"Izo was going to become a threat soon. I understand he isn't as big and you can hang back, but taking action later could break our operation. You don't want your dad to get angry now, do you?" Zeon asked as Ayato sighed and ended the called abruptly.
"I'll do it later..." He left to the stadium.

(Insert theme song here)

"In the red corner, it's the king of the Vermillion, the doppelganger that came from nowhere, it's Ayato Korastacker!!" The announcer exclaimed as Ayato walked out, mask on and hood down, his blue hair exposed to the world, as a red light followed him.
"And in the blue corner, it's the Angels from the Sanctuary, the clan with some of the most broken cards ever, it's Serena Hasegawa!" The announer exclaimed as Serena came out with a sweatdrop.
"They aren't that broken, Refros is down to one now!" She exclaimed as a blue light followed her.
"So, we get a re-match from last time." Ayato said.
"Yes... This time, I'm sure to win!" Serena exclaimed.
"Don't put your money where your mouth is." Ayato said. "We all know I'm the best here."
"Cockiness is the thing that's gonna make you lose, Ayato." Serena sighed.
"Really? Because this confidence comes with sureness, sureness that I'll win. Unlike certain hotheaded people, I'm cold but I know I'll win. Unlike weaklings who have confidence as a shield and it breaks when they need them the most," Ayato said before coughing. "Rino," He coughed again. "Inu," And coughed again. "Sorry, something tickled my throat..."
"You certainly bring up a big talk.." Serena sighed.
"Stand up (The!) Vanguard!" Ayato and Serena exclaimed.
"Lizard Soldier, Saishin." Ayato said as the vanguard circle expanded orange.
"Black Report, Ridwan!" Serena exclaimed, vanguard circle expanding pink.

"Stand and draw

"Stand and draw. I ride Nakir and move Ridwan. End."

Ayato:
Hand: 5
Damage: 0
OXO
OOO

Serena:
Hand: 5
Damage: 0
OXO
OXO

"Stand and draw. I ride Red River and pull back Saishin. Call, another Red River. Attack. (8000 > 16000)" Ayato said.
"No guard." Serena replied calmly.
"Drive check. (Wyvern Guard, Guld) No trigger." Ayato said.
"Damage check! (Retractor, Sarkiel) No trigger..." Serena replied.
"Turn end." Ayato replied.

Ayato:
Hand: 5
Damage: 0
OXO
XXO

Serena:
Hand: 5
Damage: 1
OXO
OXO

"Stand and draw! I ride Treatment Nurse and attack! (9000 > 14000)" Serena exclaimed.
"No guard." Ayato replied.
"Drive check! (Black Spark, Munkar) Alright, a crit! Everything to vanguard! (14000 > 19000/1★ > 2★)" Serena smirked.
"Damage check. (Dragonic Kaiser Vermillion "THE BLOOD", Dragonic Deathscythe)" Ayato sighed. "No trigger."
"Turn end." Serena smirked.