Turn 36: Knights of Sun, Troops of the Wave

"Now that our lunch break is over, lets head onto the next couple of matches! Lets start off with the blue corner, a girl with a strong ambition to win, a girl who controls the tide of the game, a girl who is basically the moon, Riku Aksan!" The a...

"Now that our lunch break is over, lets head onto the next couple of matches! Lets start off with the blue corner, a girl with a strong ambition to win, a girl who controls the tide of the game, a girl who is basically the moon, Riku Aksan!" The announcer exclaimed. Coming out of the hallway was a girl with long red hair that reached down to halfway down her back, sharp blue eyes, cream jumper, black skirt and black pumps as she walked down the hallway with a victorious smirk as a blue light followed her.
"Its time to crush Mai~" She cooed.
"In the red corner, its a girl with alot of coldness, a girl who uses knights of the sun, a girl whose way short for her age, its Mai Heatwave!!" The announcer exclaimed as Mai walked out, throwing her shoe at the commentator for calling her short.
"No one talk about my height..." She said, a dark aura surronding her.
"Nice to meet you Mai." Riku smiled.
"Same to you." She replied bluntly.
"Let this match start!!" The announcer exclaimed.

(Insert theme song here)

"Stand up (the!) Vanguard!" They exclaimed.
"Knight of Early Dawn, Coel!" Mai exclaimed, vanguard circle expanding gold.
"Officer Cadet, Andrey!" Riku exclaimed, vanguard circle expanding dark ocean blue. "I'll start. Draw. Ride, Orthia and end."

Mai:
Hand: 5
Damage: 0
OXO
OOO

Riku:
Hand: 5
Damage: 0
OXO
OXO

"Stand and draw. I ride Maleagant and pull back Coel, attack. (5000 > 10000)" Mai said.
"No guard!" Riku replied.
"Drive check... (Dawnngal) No trigger." Mai said bluntly.
"Damage check! (Blue Wave Dragon, Tetra Drive Dragon) No trigger." Riku replied.
"I end." Mai replied. "I knew it, she ran that as back up."

Mai:
Hand: 6
Damage: 0
OXO
OXO

Riku:
Hand: 5
Damage: 1
OXO
OXO

"Stand and draw, ride Magnum Assualt and attack! (9000 > 14000)" Riku exclaimed.
"No guard." Mai replied.
"Drive check! (Supersonic Sailor) Critical trigger! All effects to vanguard! (9000 > 14000/1★ > 2★)" She exclaimed.
"Damage check... (Knight of Faint Sun, Marcia, Sunshine Knight, Jeffrey)" Mai replied.
"Turn end." Riku replied.

Mai:
Hand: 6
Damage: 2
OXO
OXO

Riku:
Hand: 6
Damage: 1
OXO
OXO

"Stand and draw, ride Henrinus and call Pwyll, Pwyll attacks! (9000)" Mai exclaimed.
"Guard with Mallika! (9000 > 14000)" Riku replied.
"So be it... Henrinus. (9000 > 14000)" Mai replied.
"No guard!" Riku exclaimed.
"Drive check... (Sunrise Ray Knight, Gurguit)" Mai said simply.
"Damage check! (Kelpie Rider, Nikki) No trigger." Riku said.
"Turn end." Mai said.

Mai:
Hand: 6
Damage: 2
XXO
OXO

Riku:
Hand: 5
Damage: 2
OXO
OXO

"Stand and draw! The hero that overcomes any obstacle in his way! I ride my avatar, One Who Surpasses the Storm, Thavas!" The vanuard circle expanded extremely dark ocean blue.