Turn 44: Ritual

Yza grabbed a carton of milk from the fridge and placed it into his shopping basket, while crossing out the word on the shopping list he brought.
"Damn machine..." Ryuzaki slammed the machine hardly as the can of drink he was trying to get was stuck halfway of coming out. Yza looked over as the employee exclaimed,
"EY, EY, what are you doing?!"

(Insert theme song here)

Yza tossed Ryuzaki the can.
"Didn't expect to see you again." He laughed.
"Thanks for that." Ryuzaki said, slightly embarrassed, cheek flushed a light red.
"No problem." Yza said as he walked away. They were back outside, and Yza threw the can to him near the waterfall outside.
"Hey, aren't you Yza Blade? The pervert that faced off against Payic?" Ryuzaki asked suddenly. Yza stopped and looked at him.
"Yeah, of course." He smirked.
"I know her. She said the only way she didn't go apeshit mad was because she imagined I was there." He snickered.
"I'm guessing your a pervert aswell." Yza looked at Ryuzaki.
"Aren't most teenage boys our age are? The only person I can think off is our beefy friend, Maverick. He only cares about sport and hittin' the gym." Ryuzaki laughed. Yza looked at him slightly spooked.
"Yeah... I also have a friend that's beefy and into sports. His name is Shika." Yza replied, getting slightly scared now. "Is he my doppelganger? Couldn't be... He looks nothing like me. Yet... He's similiar to me in so many ways..." He thought, tension was filled in the air, and sweat dropped from Yza's cheek, hitting the cold stone ground. He tightened his fist and his nails digged into the palm of his hand, along with his blue bag he carried.
"Huh, interesting. Don't happen to have a hot girl by yourside that is a friend of yours?" Ryuzaki asked.
"Yes... She's my girlfriend, actually." Yza said, slowly and cautiously, having slight difficulty talking as he rubbed around his neck. "...dammit..."
"How long did it take her too break? I still haven't cracked mine yet." Ryuzaki laughed.
"Actually, she asked me." Yza sweatdropped.
"WHAT?!" Ryuzaki exclaimed.
"Yeah, is there something-" Yza said as Ryuzaki shook Yza.
"YOUR SUPPOSED TO BE TOP DOG! YOUR SUPPOSED TO ASK HER OUT!! C'MON DUDE!!" Ryuzaki exclaimed.
"T-h-e-n w-w-h-y d-d-i-d-n-n't y-o-o-u a-s-s-k y-y-o-u-r-r's?" Yza asked as he was being shook as Ryuzaki stopped.
"Actually, why haven't I asked Payic out yet..." Ryuzaki mumbled.
"Wait, she's your chick?" Yza said surprised. "HOLY SHIT!!" He thought.
"Yeah, I guess you could say that." Ryuzaki replied with a smirk. "So, you play Vanguard, right? I'm Ryuzaki Mikazuchi, I know who you are, Yza Blade."
"Yes, I do." Yza pulled out his deck. "I play Shadow Paladin."
"Gear Chronicle." Ryuzaki pulled out his deck.
"Shadow Paladin vs Gear Chronicle, huh..." Yza smirked. "Let's do this!"
"Stand up (the!) Vanguard!" They exclaimed in unison.
"Dragprince, Rute!" Yza declared, vanguard circle expanding purple.
"Chrono Dran G!" Ryuzaki exclaimed, vanguard circle expanding red. "Stand and draw, ride, Jackal, G moves back and end."

Yza:
Hand: 5
Damage: 0
OXO
OOO

Ryuzaki:
Hand: 5
Damage: 0
OXO
OXO

"Stand and draw! I ride, Abyssal Owl! Rute moves and attack! (7000 > 12000)" Yza declared.
"No guard." Ryuzaki replied.
"Drive check! (Howl Owl) Draw. Power to vanguard and draw!" Yza smirked.
"Damage check! (Pulsar, Speedy Bunny) Nothing." Ryuzaki smirked.
"Pass." Yza replied.

Yza:
Hand: 7
Damage: 0
OXO
OXO

Ryuzaki:
Hand: 5
Damage: 1
OXO
OXO

"Stand and draw, ride Buffalo, call Lugal-ure. Ure attacks, his skill, add 2k as Buffalo is a Zodiac Time Beast! (9000 > 11000)" Ryuzaki declared.
"No guard." Yza grinned. "Damage! (Dragwizard, Morfessa)"
"Vanguard! (9000)" Ryuzaki exclaimed.
"No guard aswell!" Yza replied.
"Drive check! (Chronovolley Rabbit) Lucky me, a critical. Everything to vanguard! (9000 > 14000/1★ > 2★)" Ryuzaki smirked.
"Damn... Damage! (Dead Crush Dragon, Blaster Dark "Diablo")" Yza gritted his teeth.
"Turn end." Ryuzaki smirked in victory.