Chapter 52: When Luck Is On Their Side

Author's Note:

This chapter might be long because I squeezed the scenes altogether. Please bless myself that the next update isn't going to be a screw up!

Enjoy.

Chapter 52: When Luck Is On Their Side

Approximately 30 hours have passed since the time when he was given the time limit by the Queen, equivalent to 1 day and 6 hours. Now that he tracked back the time or spent so far, he had did almost nothing that seemed useful or worth, except unexpected surprises keep falling onto him. So, what has he made use of the time? It was simple. Spending hours with Sapphie, the princess of the planet, and the one whom the Queen wants him to marry. On top of that, time was a huge factor to him despite he felt that barely even time had pass for him at all.

The last couple of hours were dead boring. He was still at the same spot of the garden with her. And as a matter of fact, the adult teen had no idea what to do when she had put her head on his shoulder unconsciously after falling asleep at some point. He didn't even try to shake her off. But well, in this view, they definitely looked like they were just starting going out. The question is, does this worth it?

Wasted time was one thing. But even with that, he used some of it in his thoughts.

There isn't a way if there will be another fresh chapter in his current situation. Meaning, he cannot predict how it will goes like a book. In reality, it is not wise to compare stories and the real thing. His thoughts began to view on the girl, whom he thought he was a boy with an eerily voice like Videl. The next thing he knew, he discovered she wasn't just lying about his gender and even hide the fact she was the Princess. It sounds like a movie but kind of ironic to him. Now here comes the biggest problem. His views about her changed compared to their first meeting.

Not only he felt that she was a nice person, she was even too gently to him. Though being weak physically, she possessed a pure and healthy attitude, friendly and even a bit of cheerful. Well, she wasn't exactly cheerful enough but was a pass for being friendly. From a human's perspective, she is more than just appealing. The females on this planet were like fairies from books, emitting a special aura of charm that normal guys wouldn't try to avoid. Was it the eyes or the hairs?

That is another problem.

Eventually, our hero has started to get curious of her. Even though he was aware that she is different than Videl, her voice captured most of his attention. He just could not bring himself to get furious with her either. He should be focusing on Videl, not her. Yet, again, ironically, he HAS to concentrate on this Princess because of the plan. At some point, he had a sign of regret to follow this plan of hers.

"Should I ask what's troubling in your mind?" The voice eventually pulled him out of his thoughts. The weight on his shoulder lightened and an awaken face of Sapphie was facing at him. "Sorry but I've been awake since about 20 minutes ago. I was just curious because you were breathing quite deeply, like you were having some serious thinking."

He was not expecting she noticed his troubles. "I was thinking about our next step. Like uh, about the Festival that you spoke about?"

"It's still early for us to be there right now. I'm planning to be there in 2 days time. The 'Axewors' that I told you about are coming a day ahead before the Festival which is tomorrow."

"I understand. I just thought that it makes me kind of uneasy doing nothing like what we are doing now." Crap. Maybe I shouldn't have said that. Did I sound rude?

"I guess so..." Her face fell, somehow looked rather disappointed. "My body cannot make it far from my chamber except this garden and the Casino section. Since you do not wish to be seen by others, I'd thought you'll be safer here." At this moment, the Princess realized she was acting weird. It was not her intention to force him to stay here with her yet her heart disagrees with her mind. It was not long before her cheeks lit up in pink like a bulb and her heart started racing further when her eyes met contact with his. Friend? Or more than that?