Chapter 1: The Golden-Haired Warrior

Note: Please do not use phone and read if you notice missing words or duplicate words. Wattpad phone version has glitches I suppose. View in browser for best view.

Chapter 1: The Golden-Haired Warrior

Many years have passed since the day of Cell's defeat. It has been peaceful on Earth where only human crimes are around instead of aliens invading or attacking the planet. Let's just say that it has been too peaceful that it sounds weird to some extraordinary people residing on Earth. To ordinary humans, their daily life was the same. Adults out to work, kids attend school, and of course the criminals won't stop committing crimes. Good thing to say, it wasn't a major threat to the planet anyway.

Despite the peacefulness, the existence of Cell carved in everyone's memories so deeply yet weirdly still popular around the world. Most people prefer to stay away from the topic. Some, perhaps, have even forgotten about it and concentrated on the 'hero' who defeated Cell. Only the true heroes who were involved on that day will know the truth, and especially the real hero who took down on Cell with his last shot of power, Gohan. Let us not forget that he did get some help from the rest of his friends.

If only the humans had learned about the true hero, there would be a commotion among them. After all, it was not something that they can accept that a boy took down the monster. And to know the boy used to be someone who cried a lot in the past and gets afraid of even the tiniest thing, one might want to learn how he had been brought up. Not only he was strictly brought up by his over-reacting mother, he was always pampered by her and never allowed to learn fighting like his father. Studying was the only thing in his life though he used to wonder why his mother wanted him to start learning at such a young age. Chi-Chi, his mother, never like him to take a habit from his father of fighting. He didn't like fighting, but couldn't hate it due to his Saiyan blood. It didn't matter as long as the fighting is light training or so. His goal has never change yet, and that he is still pursuing to become a scholar which mostly being affected by his mother's motto on him. His life results a dramatic change when his related Saiyan Uncle, Raditz, arrived Earth and kidnapped him. He was rescued later and then forced to train under Piccolo to fight against the Saiyans, which is the beginning of his change. Going through pains, hardships and trainings, he was able to grow stronger and developed his true abilities. But among all the enemies so far that he had encountered, the battle with Cell engraved in his heart the most as he had done something unforgivable which resulted his father's death. He only forgave himself only sometime later when he realized he had to support his mother and his soon-to-be-born brother, Goten.

"Gohan!" The loud fiery voice travelled from the living room. The familiar of the voice could only remind him of the most powerful woman on Earth is not happy with him for some reason. Did it come from the living room or the kitchen? It doesn't matter but he just wants another 5 minutes on bed. "Wake up right now! Don't forget we have to go to your school today and get the papers done for your enrolment!" Okay, he was sure it came from the kitchen this time. He rubbed his eyes to wake himself up but failed to do so as his brain was telling the otherwise. As if the brain became the leader, it gave orders to his body before he fell back to the bed.

His eyes closed for about a few seconds before a super loud sound came out from nowhere that attacked his ears in close distance, entering his sensitive Saiyan's ears. He shrieked in pain and got up and pushed the bedsheets away. "What the hell was that?!" He turned and looked at the culprit who did that to him. And then, he focused on a chibi version of his father, standing there with his giggling. In addition, he was holding a weird looking trumpet device. The same culprit just never gets tired of waking him up.

"It's better if you get up right now, brother. Mommy is about to transform."

It took him a couple of blinks before he gave in and rubbed his hair. Though still young, his little brother Goten, has already taken the form of his deceased father, Son Goku. He was born a few months later after the Cell games and never gets the chance to meet Goku. "Geez, Goten. Can you stop your method of waking me up with different kind of ways? My ears are getting weaker because of your playful methods!"