Chapter 43: Videl's Voice

Author's Note:

I was planning to post it in the middle of December. Oh well, I changed my mind and decided that I'll post this one out first and another one on Christmas as a small gift. And for now this chapter, the answer about Videl is here. From here on, I think you can tell I'm starting to lose some imagination here. But anyhow, some scenes are just made up to fill the gap of time. There'll be more scenes for GV after this chapter. Sorry if the story sounds confusing again. There may be some parts that seemed weird.

To prevent confusion about what I meant by 'Erase a living thing's energy' in the previous chapter, it doesn't mean that the barrier will kill anyone who tries to enter the planet but it meant that the energy inside the barrier will be erased out. So Goku won't be able to use his teleportation to Gohan. In other words, the barrior is able to block anything that tries to get in, and able to hide all presences within it.

Chapter 43: Videl's Voice

14 hours have passed since the Tournament started.

He was assigned to a room to rest or do whatever he wants. It may seem like he does has his own freedom to wander around but he couldn't think of it as one. He was sitting on a chair that he had found in the room, biting his thumb, shaking his leg impatiently while trying to figure out the next step. But it only drives him crazy that he realized he cannot find out a way to avoid what he is going to give up. And it's all because of the stupid bloodline they had in themselves and the 'daughter' whom she talked about.

Feeling lost, he decided to give up thinking for a second and have a rest. But it was not long when he realized that he wasn't that sleepy at all. He was quite tired and he knew that many hours have passed and it should around be night time on Earth by now. He is tired, but not sleepy, which is something not quite right.

As he finally let his mind rest, he was able to detect easily that he wasn't the only one around the area. It was the noise.

Feeling curious, he left the room.

But the moment he stepped foot out, he realized everything was still like a maze to him. Every interior was just like the same. Since it was not possible to detect energies in this palace as what Kuristal mentioned, he had to rely his hearing of where the noises came from. He turned to the direction where it came from and the noises were getting louder as he approaches.

There he came upon a door that was half-opened ahead. He took a peek and saw different species of aliens crowding in the room. But what made him stunned was that the place looks just like casino.

Yeah right. A casino?

He sees two large casino tables separate on different corners – left and right.

"BIG!" one of them yelled.

It was kind of awkward to see that this place looks like a Casino just like on Earth. The room wasn't exactly as big as what he would think but it was enough to fit in about 100 people.

How odd for a casino-like-stuffs in a castle? That's unheard of. Not like it's my business anyway.

"Hey, you must be the delivery boy!" a voice came and he stared at an alien who just talked to him. He blinked and before he could respond, he was pulled in to the crowd. "Hey wait…!"

"Shhhhh!" that alien interrupted. "I haven't won anything yet but, just wait until for awhile. I'm sure my luck will change. Once I win the money, take it and give it to my wife!"

He stood there dumbfounded. "Who… what?"

This alien looks exactly just like one. He has red skin, two small horns, spiky ears, long nose, skinny and around his height.