Chapter 55: Lost A Chance

Author's Note:

Please do not read phone version as there will be lots of missing words or duplicated words. Wattpad has some issues. Please read using browser for easier reading.

I know the chapter is shorter than the previous chapters and been missing for half a year since my last update but I'm already writing the next chapter out and since I got a new computer (though the internet sucks) I'll be online more often... I re-read the story again (since I totally forgotten) and noticed a lot of mistakes again but if there's anything confusing please ignore it as I'll make some time to amend the issue.

PS: Email me directly to pressure me for update. It won't work on wattpad because by the time I receive the email, it's gonna be a long... long time... ciaos.

Chapter 55: Lost A Chance

[9th May, 10.00 A.M – According to Earth] – Planet Dia, Moclus City

If things couldn't be more complex, she would have already been out of this place without seeking any attention. Unfortunately, Videl-Raven could not convince a way out of her new teammate to leave her alone. After the meeting, she followed Swan to a hotel just a few streets away and resided in one of the rooms. Having privacy is one thing. But to have a pair of eyes looking at you for some time is not something that she seeks for.

"I'd say you have some things hiding inside your heart, aren't you?" asked Swan, who finally blurted her curiosity for a time.

There was a silence between them for a moment. The room they resided in was small. Two beds separated at corners with a rounded table in the middle. Videl-Raven at her bed then faced at her friend. A smirk plastered across her face, unwillingly. "Hiding what? My beauty?"

Videl was getting sick of this owner's ego sickness.

"Fine that part of you didn't change at all." Swan chuckled in humor. "Always proud of your beauty."

"Of course, I am. I wouldn't care less about anything else unless it's about my charm. A woman has to be confident of her looks regardless of what others think of her." She flings the strands of her hair to the back as part of her body's habit. Videl somehow envied this owner. If only she can borrow some of her confident.

"Not everyone thinks like you, Raven. Oh, and don't try to brush me away. You know you should be focusing on your job right now."

"My job? What?" she asked, half of her mind belongs to Videl.

"Hello???" Her partner stood up and walked over to her. She put her hands on her hips at the lady who does not seem to be interested. "Who have I been talking to for the past hour? The air? I just updated you all the things I've done in your place during your absence!"

"...oh yeah, you did." Videl-Raven didn't try to hide her annoyed expression. "I really hate this. Since you've done most of the job already, why should I put in effort in it? I'll just focus on bringing those Axewors here which it wouldn't happen until tomorrow."

"I knew you'll say that." Swan replied. "But don't forget you have to handle the troublesome aliens that will be performing the most important part of the 'play'. The crazy siblings Hatch and Crack?"

Hatch and Crack?! What kind of silly names are those?! Videl finds it ridiculous but was slightly amused of the names. All the aliens here seemed to have weird names for themselves. "Oh, not them." She rolled her eyes. "Maybe I'll just put them out of this play and have others to replace them!"