Hostage Situation

Silence flowed through the halls of Junction High school. Class had been in session for a couple of hours, and everything seemed to be going the same as it always does. Students were in there classes doing their assignments as they waited for the bell to ring. From the outside you could see the cars parked and the flag up showing to the outside world that school was in session. Off in the distance you could see what appeared to be a white, slightly transparent wall which showed the border of the state line of Oregon. It was the sunniest day of the year so far and many of the students couldn't wait for school to end so they could go out with their friends.

Today was an interesting day at JHS. There appeared to be an outbreak of illness going around, as the attendance showed somewhere around forty five students absent from school. What the staff didn't know was that those students would actually be arriving at together, any minute. In fact, the students were right outside the door.

"Guard the doors, make sure no one gets in or out just like we planned", said the one standing in the front of the group. This teenager, (like the rest of the group that showed up) was wearing a silver mask that covered the right side of his face; the design of the mask was half of a skull.

"Put up the motion censored explosives at every door to scare off anyone trying to get in."

"Yes sir." Said one of the others and he took with him a small group to go follow the orders given.

"The rest of you go and bring all of the students and staff here to the lobby, and don't harm any of them. Tell them to keep their eyes on the ground and hands over their heads and to keep quiet. And you."

He said pointing to one of his group members.

"I want you call the police in five minutes and tell them that there is a hostage situation at Junction High School and you need immediate help."

"What about the other guy that's supposed to be joining us? How will he get here if the police are surrounding the building?" Said the teenager who was just given orders from what appeared to be the leader.

"Those are my orders Adam now go. Our instructor said he's running a little late, but keep everything on schedule."

The man called Adam looked puzzled.

"I thought you were the one in charge and this other guy was just a connection that could help us do this. Who is our leader Jake?" asked Adam to the leader he just called Jake

"It's not your job to ask questions, it's your job to follow my orders until he gets here, now go and do what I asked or you can go join them." Said Jake as he pointed to the now arriving and scared hostages, who were slowly lining up and getting on their knees as the other men aimed their guns at them.

"I'll go make that call."

Said Adam who looked a little frustrated at Jake.

For a hostage situation, it was strange to watch. The men all had weapons and black clothes with belts around their chest, shoulders and back. They also had half a mask on in the shape of a skull, some of them on their right side, some on their left. To the students and staff it was terrifying, but if you watched how it was happening, you would actually be really confused. The reason for this confusion is because of the way they were treating everyone. There was no yelling to get down, they were asking politely, and if someone needed help, they were helped immediately. Some of the students did notice this and were beginning to ask them why they were doing this.

"Jake, the police have been informed; they are on their way right now." Adam said still looking frustrated.

"Good. Stand guard with the others while I inform everyone what's happening." Jake said in response to Adam. As Adam walked over to an empty spot next to some of the other men, Jake walked in front of the hostages and addressed them all. As he did this you could see police cars pulling up quickly and the officers taking aim at the window as the captain pulled out his bullhorn.