Temper Temper

Jake walked cautiously through the battlefield dodging blue laser fire as he searched for one of his captains. Finally, he found one and pulled him off to the side behind a wall for cover so they wouldn't have to dodge heavy fire while they talked.

"Captain, how much longer until we can raise the red wall?"

The captain glanced at Jake then continued to fire while he answered.

"I'm not sure Jake. These people aren't going down as easy as the others."

Jake chuckled.

"That's because the other states weren't prepared, or ready to be taken. Montana has had time to build up defenses. But we need to get that wall raised so we can move onto the next states."

The captain nodded in agreement.

"I can try and send a squad to flank their right side, but that will take some time to get over there. Once we have that side taken out, we can slowly make our way around them, and completely surround their militia until they surrender. The earliest I can say is sometime around dawn, but I wont make any promises. The Montanans have proved to be strong and full of surprises."

Jake took a look around the battlefield and saw the right side of the Montana resistance was weaker then the rest of the group, but Jake needed that wall raised sooner then dawn.

"Captain, I need you to get that wall raised within the hour. There's a reason we started taking over this state earlier. Skullfire wants it done now. I want you to send a squad over to the right, but after you've gained their attention on that side, I want you to send full force to the center and take them out. Maybe in the chaos of loosing heavily on one side will be enough of a distraction to take them out quicker. The commander of those troopers is located somewhere in the building to the left behind them. After you've taken most of the middle and right side out, I'll go with another squad to try and run past the enemy and get in that building to get their commander. If they don't have a commander, they will lose their orders and be forced to fight in an unorganized fashion. I'm trusting you with this captain, don't fail me. If these troopers get through us and gain more ground, then we'll have to retreat, and I don't need to tell you how much Skullfire wont be happy to hear another day was wasted to a retreat."

The captain nodded and began sending the orders to the other men. While the he was busy with that, Jake checked his watch for any messages from Skullfire. There was only one message which Jake immediately opened it and read.

I just got word about your brother. When Montana is taken, I need you to meet me in Minnesota.

Jake responded back telling Skullfire he would hopefully have the state taken within the hour. After the message was sent, Jake pulled out his pistols and joined the other Death Trap members to finish their job.

When Jake got out in the open and saw the progress of his warriors, he was impressed. They had already taken out a fourth of the right side of their enemy. Jake fired his guns to help them finish taking the rest out. As he fired and dodged, he began moving slowly to the front of a squad. After about fifteen minutes of waiting and fighting, Jake saw his chance to start moving towards the middle of Montana's resistance. Jake looked at the captain and signaled he was ready to go. The captain yelled out to the group causing twenty Death Trap soldiers to run towards the middle firing their weapons frantically at their enemy. Jake lead the group and shot enough men down to make a small gap to run through so he could get to the building.

Jake kicked and shoved his way through the crowd to get to the other side. When he reached the other end, he turned and began firing at the enemy from behind while he waited for his other men to arrive. By the time the Death Trap squad made it to where Jake was, there was only eight of them left. They stayed in the back and fired rapidly at the enemy for a few minutes to help out their comrades a while longer before leaving them to take out the commander.