Preparing for War

In front of the Death Trap headquarters there was a large amount of talk while the others waited in anticipation for Skullfire to appear on the balcony to address them. Brock stood next to Aiden who looked uncomfortable around the massive group of soldiers.

"Don't worry Aiden. They have very strict orders to not harm you."

Aiden looked at Brock trying to show a little less discomfort and a little more trust. Aiden quickly looked up because he heard the crowd cheer. Jake had walked out onto the balcony and the crowd went crazy. Jake raised his hands to show the crowd he needed them to quiet down. When Jake started speaking, Brock left and walked into the building.

"My fellow warriors. Today we celebrate. For we have taken over thirty nine of the states and we have pushed T.C. back to the only nine states available, not only that, but back into their holes like the filthy worthless maggots they are."

The crowd erupted with cheers and fists were thrown into the air. Jake let them rejoice for a moment, then raised his hands again to silence the crowd.

"Our leader is very impressed with you. He is so impressed in fact that he has come to this place to address you all and congratulate you in person."

The crowd cheered again while Jake continued.

"Now, without further ado, the man who helped us get this far successfully. Skullfire."

The crowd cheered once more and Jake moved to the side so Skullfire could walk into the light. Four Death Trap soldiers including Brock walked out as extra security for their leader. When they were ready, Skullfire began walking out, the sun shining brightly on his chrome mask and reflecting in just about every direction. Skullfire looked among the cheering crowd and slowly raised his hands as though he was embracing their cheers. Then in his deep raspy voice, he spoke.

"Men and women of Death Trap. Today we are another step closer to ending the tyranny of T.C. Today we are one step closer to victory!"

The crowd boomed with excitement as Skullfire continued.

"I have received word that the girl is now the new leader of what is left of the ignorant and blinded Americans. She is now under our control. We know her weaknesses and we will make her see the truth and join us in finally fulfilling the last stages of our national take over!"

The crowd cheered even louder. When the cheering died down, Skullfire continued.

"Now I ask you to go and set up a perimeter outside of Pennsylvania. I will meet with her in person and make her sign a treaty that will make the rest of the Americans and the Death Trap army one equal group set up for the soul purpose of searching and destroying T.C. and making sure those cowardly worthless pigs never arise to power from this day until the end of time!"

The crowd erupted once more louder than ever and began leaving to do Skullfire's command. Skullfire turned to Jake.

"Send your brother to the girl to keep an eye on her. Make sure he knows to not speak to her about what has happened here."

Jake nodded and began to leave, but Skullfire spoke again causing Jake to stop and turn.

"One more thing Jake. I want the entire army set up and ready to fight. That means fully trained and armed."

Jake look at Skullfire confused.

"What for? I thought you said we weren't gonna attack T.C. for a while."

Skullfire turned and looked at his soldiers while he answered Jake.

"They aren't getting ready to fight T.C. They're getting ready to attack the girl and her followers."