Freedom, Savior, and Will to Live

"Okay everyone, lets get this over with so we can all go home."

Said one senator to the rest of the senators. It was time for them to run through the bills and take a vote on what should be the new laws in the nation.

"Our first bill of this evening is bill number 1356. It states that all firearms should be electronically controlled by government officials so as to not create any hostile shootings, and keep the long range firearms out of the hands of psychopaths."

"That's ridiculous! We can't keep weapons electronically under the control of the government. If for some reason those computers were to get hacked, the whole world would face an overnight crises and a full on war between man and maniac would start."

"I disagree. If the weapons were under the control of the government and police officials, then they would be able to keep a close eye on hacking, and be able to stop wars between men and maniacs from happening everyday."

The discussion continued to go on and on and on. None of them could agree on what would be best for the people.

"Gentlemen, we'll give each other time to think about it and come back to that one. Let's just move on to the next topic."

Said the senator at the front of the room. He then began shuffling through his papers to find the next item.

"Ok lets see here. Ah, here it is. A high school in Organ was put under lockdown after a situation arose and students took hostages. It says here that the students who committed the crime escaped, and have not been seen since. They call themselves 'Death Trap'."

The senators looked around at one another in confusion. This wasn't a bill, it was national news. There was nothing they could do about the situation.

As the senators looked around at each other wondering what they were supposed to say about this, a small sound was heard from the back of the building. It was someone who was standing in the shadows, and he was clapping.

"Wow senator. You read that better then I thought you would."

Said the figure as he gained the attention from everyone in the room.

"Who sir, are you?"

The person in the front asked.

The man in the back began moving forward to reveal his face. He was only wearing half a mask, and it was in the shape of a skull. He wore all black, and behind him were two other men that looked similar to him and carrying guns. When the security saw these men they immediately aimed there guns at the three terrorists, ready to shoot to kill. When the first man saw this he spoke to the guards.

"Don't bother trying to shoot us. Your weapons have been electronically turned off."

The security guards looked at their weapons to see if this were true. To there horror, it was.

"How have you turned off the weapons?"

Asked one of the senators.

"It was easy. I simply got some of my men to hack into your systems after you voted to have total control over all of the firearms."

The senators looked at one another in confusion. They hadn't come to a conclusion on that bill yet.

"Oh that's right. You were only discussing that today. I guess I shouldn't have sent in that bill to get turned into a law a few days ago. Oops."

"Who are you?"

The mysterious stranger smiled as he walked down the isle and onto the main platform in the front.

"As you all know, Death Trap has hit Organ. What you don't know, is a worse evil has been festering here in the nations capital. It's spread over the years, but started around 1776. A lot of people would call it conspiracy, but what it really is, is an organization we like to call T.C."

The senators looked around yet again, still confused about what was going on and what was being said.

"What does conspiracy theories have to do with this Death Trap group, and why are you here? Who are you?"

The man looked over at the senator that had just spoken, and answered directly at him.

"Death Trap knows what's best. And as far as who I am, I'm second in command. My name is Jake Lawrence, and you are now under the control of Death Trap."

After his last line, he pulled out one of his pistols and shot at the ceiling of the wall behind him. When he did this, a banner fell down revealing the face of the skull mask that was worn by the leader of Death Trap. When the banner was completely unrolled, the doors in the back opened and out walked more henchmen in half masks carrying guns and blocking the way out.

"This man on the banner is in charge, and you will do what he says."

At this line a couple senators looked at Jake in disbelief. And walked up to address everyone.

"This boy claims that the man in the mask is their leader. I don't fear someone, or follow someone when they don't have the guts to show up at their own domination. Besides, if our guards guns don't work, then neither should yours. The technology for shutting firearms singly is still a working progress."

Jake stared at the senator and pointed his gun at him. The senator just stood there and held up his hand pointing at it like he wanted Jake to shoot it. So without hesitation, he pulled the trigger and the senators hand got hit. He yelled in pain and looked at Jake in terror.

"We figured out how to shut guns down singly. And if you want to meet the leader of Death Trap then go ahead. He's right behind that door."

Jake pointed at one of the side doors and when it opened, the leader of Death Trap walked out and up to the front of the room.

"Senators, I give you the leader of Death Trap."

The senators stared at the masked man with fear as he made his way over to where Jake was standing. When he got there, he whispered in Jakes ear. When order was given, he addressed the other Death Trap members.

"Gentleman of Death Trap. You have your orders?"

The henchman nodded their heads to confirm they knew what to do.

"Light it up."

After Jake said this, the Death Trap group flipped a switch on their firearms and aimed at the walls. When they pulled the trigger, a giant mass amount of flames came out and began lighting the building on fire. All the exits except one were blocked off by searing hot flames or a member of Death Trap.

The senators screamed in terror as they frantically looked for a way out. There was only one exit, but all of them were too frightened to take it. When the masked man saw that none of the senators were taking their only option out, he spoke to them in his raspy voice.

"Fools! You have your exit right there and yet you refuse to take it. I offer you a chance to live and redeem yourselves, but if you are too arrogant to take that chance then you'll burn and die."

The senators looked again at the door, then to the flames surrounding them. The masked man was right, they had no choice. And so they began exiting through the only door in the room. On there way out, one of the senators asked the masked man a direct question.

"Who are you?"

The masked man stared at the senator through his blue lenses. You could see the flames reflecting off his chrome mask. To the senators, he looked like the devil.

The masked man answered the senator in his raspy voice.

"I am your freedom, your savior, and your will to live."