Flawless Escape

The patrol rushed into the school once the students had cleared out. They kept their distance from the masked man until their captain arrived. As Lance walked in, he ordered his men to be ready to take him captive.

"Alright masked man, who are you and what do you want?"

The masked man looked up at the captain for a moment, but said nothing.

"If you don't cooperate then I can take you down to the station and we can have this same discussion with you chained to a table. Now I'll ask you again, who are you and what do you want?"

The masked man finally decided to acknowledge the captain and he stood up. The two stared at each other while the men surrounding the captive man aimed their weapons awaiting the orders of their captain in case the man did something drastic. The masked man however, reached slowly into his jacket and pulled something out. He held it up in the air to show everyone it wasn't dangerous, then threw it to the captain where the item landed on the floor by the his feet. Captain Lance reached down and picked it up. It was another note. He slowly opened it and read it to himself.

After a few moments of reading had passed, the captain looked up at the masked man and spoke to him yet again.

"You say in this note that you have done nothing wrong and the events of today are for the greater good. I find that making a hostage situation at a school is far from that."

The captain then addressed his men and ordered them to take the man away. As they moved closer there was a small rumbling sound and part of the ceiling collapsed in front of the masked man. The captain and his men jumped back so they wouldn't get hit by the debris. From the new hole in the ceiling, two ropes dropped down landing on the right and left side of the masked man. He reached up with his arms, grabbed them and was immediately pulled up. When the captain realized what was happening he ordered his men to fire, but the dust from the debris made it impossible to see if they were actually shooting at the man escaping.

When the masked man reached the top he was pulled up by Jake and Adam. Adam was the first to speak.

"Now what do we do?"

The masked man didn't answer him, instead he reached over to Jake and pulled out Jakes hand gun. He flipped the switch, turned to Adam and pulled the trigger. Adam flew backwards and hit the ground. Jake then gave a signal to two men who immediately obeyed. They grabbed Adams' body and moved it to a different location where they tied the body up and placed something in his pocket. Jake then took his gun back and followed his leader. The other men that had been with them were standing in different positions on the roof but stayed away from the edge because there were armed officers surrounding the school aiming at the roof waiting for any of them to get in their sights. The Masked man and Jake walked over to another group and waited there for a moment. The masked man looked around at the other men and then gave them a signal and at the same time, five different groups of men ran off the edge of the building. When they got about halfway down they opened there arms out and began soaring in the air away from the school. The officers down below began shooting at the men but were so surprised that they couldn't aim well enough to hit anyone. After those groups were out of firing range, the masked man , Jake and their group followed suit with their comrades. Captain Lance ran out just in time to see them soaring through the air and as he was about to give the order to follow them, they all went in different directions and were no longer easy to keep in sight. The captain then turned back around, reentered the school and ordered his men to follow him up to the roof.

The police cautiously walked up to the roof hoping no explosives were wired up waiting to blow them all away. When they got to the top, there was a note on the door that said: