Deception

Pain. Headache. Soreness. All things you might feel waking up with a hangover, but that wasn't the case for Captain Tyler Taftner. When he opened his eyes, he saw nothing but a bright light. As his eyes focused, he started looking around the room he was in. He could only see medical equipment and some chairs in the corner. On the other side he could see a door. Next to this door was one of his officers.

"Hey. Where am I?"

The man looked over and saw Tyler trying to sit up. Quickly the guard helped him and answered his question.

"You're in the medical room at the station."

The only thing going through his mind now was how did I get here? What happened? Just then the door opened and in walked another officer. This man stood at attention when he saw Tyler was sitting up.

"Permission to speak sir?"

Tyler nodded.

"The army seems to have retreated completely. There is no sign that they were even here sir."

Tyler looked at the man completely confused. Then he remembered what happened. He was going after his father and got shot.

"Where are the prisoners?"

The officers looked at each other confused.

"Sir?"

Tyler wanted to yell at them, but restrained himself.

"Bruce Taftner and Aiden Lawrence. Where are they?"

Again the officers looked at each other.

"Sir they got away. What should we do about the vanished army?"

Tyler finally had enough.

"What damn army are you talking about?"

At this moment the men were really confused. They didn't understand why their captain didn't know what they were saying.

"Death Trap sir. They were here attacking us, but they vanished."

At the sound of this Tyler ripped out his I.V. and walked out the door with the officers following him.

"When were they here?"

Tyler said as he started walking down the hall towards his office.

"They were here about a half an hour ago."

Tyler stopped and turned around to look at the officer who told him this.

"Why wasn't I informed of this?"

Now the officers were really confused.

"Sir you were. You called a couple officers to come help you with something, but then told them to go help all the officers standing in defense while Death Trap was attacking the station."

Tyler looked at the man again completely blown away by his ridiculous statement. Tyler remembered calling for back up, but he didn't remember calling it off. All he remembered after that was getting shot by his dad. That's when it hit him. His dad.

"You idiots that wasn't me! I had no idea we were under attack! Where did the prisoners go?"

When he asked this he started walking to his office again which was only a couple doors away.

"We don't know sir. They disappeared."

Tyler opened his office door, sat at his desk, and immediately started typing on his computer.

"You're all morons you know that. We are tracking their car."

Tyler finished typing and saw where the car was, but it didn't make sense. One of the guards then spoke again.