An Unexpected Arrival

"Alright ladies, it looks like this is our last stop until we get to the station in North Dakota. Let's make it fast before Death Trap takes over Montana. Their close behind us."

Captain Taftner said this to Lauren and the two Strongheart women as he pulled in to a rest stop near the border of Montana and North Dakota. The three understood the rush. Olivia looked over at the border of Idaho when he mentioned Death Trap being close behind. When Captain Taftner parked, the girls casually walked into the rest stop and grabbed the things they needed. Olivia grabbed something to drink, paid for it and then waited outside near the door of the building.

While she was waiting for the other three to finish getting their things, she glanced over by the car. They had been driving in that car for a couple days now, and she was glad they would be done traveling soon. As she took another sip from her drink, she looked down the road they had just been on. She could see the red boarder of Idaho still glowing, but noticed there was something coming down the road very slowly. The harder she stared at it, the quicker she realized it was a person walking towards the rest stop. She reached in her pocket and felt what she wanted, her knife. If this was a member of Death Trap, she wasn't going to go without a fight. She stared for a long time at the person walking and wondered where the person had been when they drove by.

All of a sudden, the person stopped moving and fell down. She didn't know what to do. On one hand, it could be a trick by Death Trap to get her away from the building, but on the other hand it could be someone really in need of help. She looked through the transparent door and saw her mom and best friend were still grabbing a few things before they left and Captain Taftner wasn't anywhere to be found.

Finally Olivia decided to run down the road and see if this person was in trouble. When she got to the end of the parking lot she heard someone yell her name. She turned around and saw Captain Taftner running towards her.

"What are you doing? You can't just run off like that, not while there are people out there looking for you."

Olivia pointed down the street.

"There's someone down the road, they might be in trouble."

Taftner looked down where she was pointing and saw the body on the ground. He looked at Olivia and saw she was really concerned. After a lot of thought, he pulled out his gun and had it at the ready. Both of them slowly walked over to the body until they got close enough to see if the person was breathing or not.

"They're still breathing whoever they are."

Said Taftner as he started walking even closer to the body. When he got close enough to touch the person, he put his foot on them and rolled them over. When Olivia saw this persons face, she panicked.

"Aiden?"

She ran over to the boy and signaled Captain Taftner to help. He holstered his weapon and helped Olivia lift the boy and carry him over to the car. When they got back to the car, Lauren and Victoria had finished in the rest stop. When Lauren saw the two carrying the body, she opened one of the car doors so they could place the boy somewhere to lay down.

"What happened. Is that Aiden? Where did he come from?"

Lauren stared at Olivia and Captain Taftner with pure confusion. Olivia ran to the trunk of the car and opened it. Inside were the things Lauren and Victoria had just purchased from the shop. She looked around until she found some water. She grabbed one of the bottles and quickly brought it to Taftner. He opened the bottle and poured some on Aidens face. He moved a little and seemed as though he tried to wake up, but was apparently too weak to actually stay conscious.

Taftner closed the bottle of water and set it next to Aiden. He then turned to Lauren and Olivia to ask them something.

"You two know this boy?"