Death Trap Released

Walking down a dark hallway with news to give. Important information that surprised a few people. Information that was predicted to happen by the leader of this group. The young teenager walked proudly to the steel door that lead to the man he was looking for, the man behind the skull mask.

"They made it out of California, and are on their way out of Oregon to North Dakota just as you said they would."

Jake was standing next to the masked man who was facing the opposite direction towards the wall.

"Good. Any other news?"

Even though the man in the mask wasn't looking, the messenger nodded and answered.

"Yes sir. Captain Lance has made Bruce Taftner a Captain and is staying behind to watch over someone who is locked up at the station."

Jake looked over at the masked man, then back at the messenger with curiosity.

"Who is the one locked up and why would Captain Lance stay behind to watch him?"

The messenger hesitated before answering.

"The person who is locked up is Adam Jackson. The captain is staying behind to watch him because he made a very confident statement about having connections on the outside, and that he would be out soon. He also gave some slight details on the knowledge he had about some of the patrols classified information."

Jake looked even more curious at the messenger.

"What classified information?"

"He made it very clear he knew the current whereabouts of Miss Olivia Strongheart."

At the sound of Olivia's name, the masked man lifted his head and quickly turned around grunting in anger. The grunt sounded more like a tiger growl which frightened the messenger and caused him to jump a little. The masked man finally spoke to the boy.

"Don't you dare say her name in front of me again!"

The messenger nodded his head to signal he understood.

"Now, how did he come by the information of the girls whereabouts?"

Asked the man in the mask.

"We aren't quite sure yet, but we do know that Adam said something to the police about the attack on the senate building a few days before we got there, but Captain Lance locked him up and said it wasn't possible. It wasn't until after you attacked that he took Adam out of Lockdown, and questioned him. While he was being interrogated, Adam said something about being a part of a group that has been going on since the seventeen hundreds."

When Jake and the masked man heard this, Jake told the boy to leave. The messenger did as he was told, and when the door closed the two men began speaking about what they had just heard.

"It looks like you were right. Adam is a member of T.C. What do we do now?"

The masked man looked at his number one companion and gave him a simple answer.

"There's nothing we can do right now but wait. Adam's Anger is unpredictable, so I fear the captain and the men at the station are lost. But as far as the other four, who are on their way to North Dakota, we will have to be patient. We will wait until they reach the border of Montana. When they get there, I want you to give them a reason to go a little faster. Maybe keeping them moving quickly will help them stay out of the sight of T.C."

Jake understood this and responded with his own plan to get the four travelers to move quicker.

"Do you want me to send some squads of men over to Idaho and Wyoming and take over the patrols there so we can raise a red wall?"