True Feeling Come Out When They're Ready

The Lockdown room was very quiet when everyone was in there. Captain Taftner had tried to ask commander Perkbay a few questions a couple times, but Perkbay simply raised his hand and continued to flip through paperwork and write down a few things every once and a while. Normally the silence was okay with Olivia, but this silence was bothersome, because Aiden was completely ignoring her. Everyone was sitting around a table, except Aiden. The only seat that was left was right next to Olivia, and when she sat down next to him, he got up and stood by one of the walls. Olivia kept looking at Aiden, hoping they would make eye contact, but he was very diligently staring at the ground waiting to leave.

Finally after about ten minutes of nothingness, commander Perkbay spoke.

"Alright everyone. We will be watching over you here for the next week or so, unless of course Death Trap decides to try and take over this state, then we will have no choice but to try and move you elsewhere. Right now I'm sure you all want to know what has happened since you left your home in Oregon."

Everyone except Aiden nodded. He continued to stare at the floor. Taftner however, spoke up before the commander went on.

"We heard on the radio what states are taken and that Washington has disconnected. What we really want to know is what has happened to the people in Oregon."

The commander nodded his head and began to explain.

"Oregon is taken, as you know from the radio. As far as the people who live there, we have only heard about three deaths so far."

The commander looked over at Taftner with concern.

"I'm sorry Bruce, but Captain Lance Wayne Johnson was one of the three."

Lauren gasped when she heard this, cupped her hands over her mouth and began crying. Taftner looked at the commander in disbelief. Captain Lance was Taftner's best friend and partner at the patrol station. He couldn't hold it back, so Taftner stood up and walked over to the wall on the opposite side of the room where Aiden was standing.

"From the information I gathered, the person responsible for his death was Death Trap member Adam Jackson. As far as finding him right now, it's impossible. He could be anywhere, and we can't check the red zones. I'm sorry."

Taftner just stood at the wall lightly crying. Victoria got up from her chair, she was crying as well. She grabbed Taftner by the shoulder and moved him to the door.

"I'm going to walk with him for a while and try and calm him down."

Commander Perkbay nodded to Victoria, then addressed Lauren.

"Maybe you should go with them. It will help your dad to have some family support, and I know this can't be easy for you either."

Lauren looked over at Olivia with tears running down her face.

"It's okay Lauren, I'll be alright. Go and be with your dad."

Lauren nodded her head and walked out the door with Victoria and her father. When they left, commander Perkbay reached into his pocket, pulled out Olivia's note and placed it on the table in front of her. When Aiden heard the paper on the table, he glanced over and immediately recognized the note.

"STOP!"

He yelled causing Olivia to jump a little.

"That's not hers and she doesn't need to read it!"

Commander Perkbay looked at Olivia in surprise. Then he stood up and walked towards the door.

"I'll go wait for the others to come back."