Phase Two Complete

Just outside of West Virginia, Jake was watching the Death Trap army walking to the border ready to attack and finish taking over the last state of their nation. The now massive army were only moments away from victory. The peoples only way of escape was to go to Pennsylvania, which is exactly what Skullfire wanted. Jake began pacing, checking his watch for any new orders from Skullfire.

"Jake."

Brock said while he walked over to stand with his friend.

"Yes Gilbert."

When Brock caught up to him, the two began walking together.

"It looks like Skullfire was right. We were able to get these states taken within three days."

Jake looked at Brock with a smile.

"That's something I try to never doubt Skullfire on. He's usually right."

Brock smiled a little, but Jake could tell there was something else on his mind.

"Was there something else you wanted to tell me Brock?"

Brock looked at Jake with concern.

"It's your brother Jake."

Jake chuckled when he heard this is what was making Brock look concerned.

"Relax Brock. I already know."

Brock looked at him.

"You do?"

Jake chuckled again.

"Yes. He's on his way here to stop me apparently."

Brock nodded.

"That's what our scouts say."

Jake smiled at Brock.

"I was already told. I got a message from Skullfire. Apparently he's been personally watching my brother."

Brock glanced at him.

"What should we do? He's almost at the border of Pennsylvania heading in the direction of our army."

Jake continued to smile as he watched the army start to pass the border of West Virginia.

"Skullfire wants him to come. Get a glimpse of what we're doing."

Brock looked at him still a little confused. Jake glanced at Brock and continued to explain.

"Skullfire knew he was gonna come to me eventually and he has a plan for him."

Brock looked at the army as the border wall began to flicker.

"You seem remarkably calm saying this."

Jake's smile got bigger as he started to tell Brock what he had heard from Skullfire.

"Skullfire is staying true to his word. My brother isn't gonna be a soldier and put in harms way, but Skullfire needs someone like my brother to make sure his plan works."

"So what exactly is your brother going to be doing?"

Jake chuckled again.

"He's gonna be our little messenger. We need someone who is trusted by people over there to send and accept messages between us. Someone who can cross the Pennsylvania border unharmed by both Death Trap and them."

Brock looked impressed when he heard this.

"That's a good plan. But you do realize it has a flaw."

Jake looked at Brock with curiosity. When Brock saw this, he continued.

"We have some new information that just came in. Apparently Maine has started up a rebellion by the presidents request."

Jake continued to look at Brock and he could see that Jake already knew this.

"That was also in Skullfire's news letter he sent via watch message. But if you will remember, the president isn't over there."

Brock nodded.

"Yes I know, but the people are bound to choose a new leader."

There was a quick flash at the border. Jake and Brock looked over in time to see the wall turn red. Jake got another smile on his face when he saw this.

"Skullfire already knows this. He has informed me who the new leader is gonna be."

Brock looked at Jake completely baffled.

"How is that possible? They haven't even started voting yet."

Jake began walking towards the new taken state while he answered Brock.

"That's what I said, but Skullfire made it very obvious who they'll choose. Can you guess?"

Brock thought for a moment then answered.

"The girl?"

Jake looked at Brock impressed.

"Very good. Now, can you tell me why?"

Brock shook his head.

"No, I was taking a random guess. Honestly, it wouldn't make sense to make her their leader. She's only 18."

Jake stopped and turned to look at Brock.

"Actually, it makes perfect sense. You see, everyone is aware we are looking for the girl. It's easier to protect one person then it is two, and if they elect someone else we are ordered to take them out until she gets in charge, which should be easy for her. She was top of her government class and she is very good at inspiring people except herself. The people will choose her, she just needs to speak up, but I think our old friend Taftner will vouch for her when the time comes."

Brock was impressed yet again by this plan. Before he could say anything else, Brock's watch went off.

"Yeah."

"Captain, Aiden has made it to the border. What should we do?"

Brock looked at Jake who answered the soldier.

"Send him to our new headquarters."

"Yes sir. We have also just been informed that Tyler Taftner wasn't captured. He made it across the border before we could catch him. We think he is going to Sylvia Delmond's house."

Brock looked at Jake waiting for the orders to give. Jake shrugged.

"What do I care, he's away from my brother and he wants the girl safe."

"Sir, he was with Adam Jackson."

Jake looked at Brock with curiosity.

"Was he trying to capture him?"

There was a slight pause.

"No sir, they appeared to be working together."

Jake looked back over at the border.

"That'll be all."

When Brock said this, he pushed a button on his watch ending the call.

"What do we do now? Adam knows we want the girl. What if he tries to kill her?"

Jake stood thinking and watching the new obtained state.

"Adam wont do anything while he's with Taftner. Besides, we know T.C. wont harm her if she's the leader of the rebellion. They'll try and get close to her, which gives us the advantage."

After he said this, Jake walked over to a nearby car, got in and began driving to Death Trap's new headquarters.