Election Day

The drive to Maine was quiet. Victoria and Sylvia stayed behind, and Taftner and Tyler didn't have anything to say to each other. Lauren and Olivia sat quietly in the back and enjoyed the sites. Every once and a while Taftner would ask Tyler a question about the rebels, but Tyler kept his answers short and simple. When they finally got there, they had to get out of the car and walk to try and find the person in charge because there was to big of a crowd.

"What does this guy look like?"

Taftner asked Tyler.

"I don't know. All I know is he should be in one of these buildings. If we ask around, we might be able to find him."

Everyone was relieved to hear that. With the man in charge being indoors, they could all avoid most of the crowd.

"The question is, which building is he in?"

Taftner began scanning the area.

"It shouldn't be that hard. These people are panicked, they're probably trying to find this person to ask for help. So look for the building that has the most people in front of it and it'll most likely be that one."

Tyler said, and the four of them started looking. Quickly, Olivia spotted a building that looked like it had the most people. She pointed it out to the others and they began walking to it. They had to push their way through, but they finally made it inside when they got there. There were a couple of patrolman inside standing in front of a door trying to control the chaos and keep the people from barging in. Tyler stepped forward and spoke to them.

"Is this where the person in charge of the rebellion is?"

Tyler yelled over the panicking people. The patrolman he was talking to nodded.

"Yeah, but no one is allowed in."

Tyler pointed at Olivia and spoke again.

"We need to get in, this girl is Olivia Strongheart. Death Trap has been looking for her. We don't know why, but for some reason they want her. She's traveled across the country looking for somewhere safe to hide and she'd like to talk to whoever is in charge."

The patrolman looked at Olivia for a moment, then nodded to Tyler. The patrolman opened the door and let them in. Tyler spoke to the others before they got through the door.

"I'm gonna have a look around and see what information I can get from the rebels. I'll meet back up with you later."

Taftner nodded and Tyler walked out of the building while the other three continued. When they got inside, they thought they were going to be entering a room, but instead they saw stairs. When they got to the top, there was a big open area with a couple of tables, and patrolman everywhere. Behind one of the tables there was a person sitting down looking at a map. The group walked over to this person but were stopped by some of the patrolman.

"We need to talk to the person in charge."

Taftner said. One of the patrolman went to answer, but was unable to because someone else answered.

"You must be pretty important if my guards downstairs let you in."

It was a woman's voice. After she said this, the map was put on the table to show her face. She had very defined cheek bones and bright green eyes and Black hair.

"Are you the person in charge of the rebellion?"

Taftner asked, and the woman nodded.

"We've driven across the country to get somewhere safe. This girl here is Olivia Strongheart, for some reason Death Trap has been hunting here down all the way from Oregon."