Relocation

Jake looked at the message he got from Skullfire days ago to make sure he read it right. Sure enough, the message said to meet him at Death Trap headquarters in Minnesota, but there was no sign of him anywhere. No one had heard from or seen him.

As he waited in Skullfire's room at the top of the headquarters, there was a knock at the door, and the knocker entered.

"Hey Jake, any news yet?"

It was Brock who walked over to stand next to his friend.

"Nothing yet. I don't get it, why would Skullfire want me to meet him here and then just not show up?'

Brock shrugged.

"I don't know Jake, but this is a war. Who knows, maybe he just couldn't make it."

Jake was starting to get frustrated. No one knows who he is, so no one could protect him.

"Hey, look on the bright side. We were able to get your brother out of Minnesota. Our scouts say he's in the woods right now in Illinois. And the girl is with him, safe."

Jake was happy his brother was okay, but like Brock said, they're in a war right now and they are coming close to the end of their orders. They need to know what to do next.

While the two friends stood waiting for their leader to show up, Jake's watch beeped. Jake looked at it and read out loud the message he received.

"It's him."

Brock looked over at Jake.

"That's weird he would message you while we were just talking about him."

Jake looked at his friend.

"It's not the first time he's done it. He wants to know where I am and if I'm alone because he's gonna call me through the hologram transmitter in here."

Jake responded telling Skullfire Brock was with him in the room. A few seconds later a big blue hologram lit up the area and the two turned around to look at the holographic transmission of their leader.

"Where have you been? You were supposed to meet me here. I've been waiting for days."

Skullfire didn't like the tone he was getting from Jake and he answered him with his loud deep scratchy voice.

"You don't have a right to be upset. I know you haven't been there for days, and if you haven't noticed we're at war! The last thing I need is for you to start lying to me and going on secret missions!"

Jake looked at Skullfire.

"What are you talking about?"

Skullfire got really upset at this point.

"I know what you did Jake! You went on your own mission to get your brother out of the station! You're a fool! You realize what you could have done?"

Now Jake was mad.

"Oh I'm sorry if I made a mistake. That mistake wouldn't have been made if you kept your end. You said you were gonna keep him safe! Did you see him? Tyler Taftner beat him and locked him up!"

Skullfire growled.

"SILENCE! I KNOW WHAT HAPPENED! I KNOW MORE THEN YOU COULD POSSIBLY IMAGINE! YOU WILL FOLLOW MY ORDERS TO THE LETTER DO YOU UNDERSTAND? I HAVE SCOUTS WATCHING HIM FOR YOU, I HAVE MADE SURE HE REMAINS AS UNHARMED AS POSSIBLE FOR YOU, AND YOU HAVE THE AUDACITY TO TALK TO ME LIKE THAT! YOU'RE RISKING ALL OUR LIVES WHEN YOU DO STUPID SHIT LIKE YOU DID!"

Jake looked at Skullfire with rage.

"I didn't put anyone at risk! I did what I had to do to keep my brother alive!"