The Truth About Death Trap

Brock jumped out of the way just barely avoiding a nice lunge from Jake.

"Careful Jake, you wouldn't want to kill Death Traps best swordsman."

Brock laughed as the two continued their dual.

"You bested me once and you can't let me live it down can you."

The two locked swords and Brock shook his head. The two shared a laugh, but were interrupted by the new arrival of a Death Trap soldier.

"Sir. We got him."

The two sheathed their swords and Jake gestured the man to bring in their captive. The doors to their headquarters opened and two Death Trap soldiers brought in Aiden who's hands were bond together and his mouth covered so he couldn't yell. Aiden was placed on his knees in front of the two men. Jake walked over and uncovered Aiden's mouth.

"Hello little brother. Welcome to our empire."

Jake and Brock both shared a laugh while Aiden glared. He signaled a couple members and Brock along with Jake were brought chairs.

"So what can Death Trap do for you?"

Aiden glared at his brother.

"You can end this now. You're putting my friends in danger and I've had enough!"

Jake and Brock chuckled.

"Come on little brother. You really think your friends are in danger?"

Aiden continued to glare at Jake.

"The answer is no. We've been watching your friends this whole time. We've known your exact location throughout this entire take over."

Aiden shook his head.

"That's bull. If you knew where we were this entire time, then why haven't you captured Olivia?"

Brock and Jake's smile faded at the mention of Olivia's name. Jake leaned forward to get closer to his brother.

"Aiden, there's a lot you don't understand here and I am willing to explain it to you, but you can't break certain rules. Rule number one, you cannot say that name here."

Aiden looked at Jake with confusion.

"What do you mean I can't say her name? You guys have been trying to kidnap her, so what's the point of keeping her name so hush hush?"

Jake stood up, walked over to his brother and pulled out a knife.

"I will answer any of your questions, but first I need you to promise me a few things."

Aiden didn't answer, he just stayed there glaring at his brother.

"First, as I established, you need to follow the rules. Second, when I take this rope off, you cannot run. Besides the guards will catch you and you'll just end up being tied up again. Third, I'll tell you when we're done answering your questions. Deal?"

Aiden thought about it for a moment, then nodded. Jake reached down with his knife, cut the rope keeping him bound, and helped Aiden to his feet. Jake put the knife away and gestured his brother to follow him as he started walking. Brock got up and followed as well.

"Now, to answer the couple of questions you already asked. We had an interest in getting the girl only on the day we showed up at the school because Skullfire wanted her for something. Since she wasn't there, he had to change his plan which was to get her to safety."

Aiden stopped his brother and asked another question.

"Why would Skullfire want to keep her safe?"