Lies and Deceit will get You Bloody and Bruised

The car was slowing down as Olivia and her group got to the station they had been trying to get to for the last couple of days. When they got to the gate, Taftner told the guard who they were, and showed his badge. The guard then called someone at the station to confirm Taftners identification. After a few moments, the guard walked back to the car and told Taftner they could enter and there would be another stop before they got to the building to check their luggage, and remove any weapons because of a new safety precaution that was made since Death Trap started taking over the country. After Taftner thanked the guard and got his badge back, they began following the road down to the next stop. Now they were all waiting patiently as the car was pulling towards a group of patrolman so they could be searched, and allowed clearance to get into the safe building ahead of them.

When the car finally came to a complete stop, a new guard told everyone to get out of the vehicle and wait patiently while they check the car. Taftner informed the men that he had a couple of guns in the trunk, and one in the glove box while handing over his own handgun. The other men began searching everyone to make sure no one else was carrying any other form of weapon. When they were all cleared, Taftner started to get back into the car, but one of the guards stopped him.

"Hang on sir. You will all be escorted to the premises."

Taftner looked at the guard with confusion.

"The guard at the gate said we would only have to stop here and then we could go to the station. We have Death Trap soldiers trying to get us, so we need to get into the building as soon as possible."

Some of the other guards walked a little closer to everyone, but were quickly stopped when the man Taftner was talking to held up his hand. He then replied.

"I understand your frustration sir, but we were given strict orders to make sure you all stay here until someone comes to escort you to the building. I hope you as a patrolman..."

Lauren interrupted the guard

"Captain."

The man looked at Lauren for a moment then back at Taftner to finish his sentence.

"My apologies. As I was saying, Captain. I hope you understand that we have to follow all our orders to the letter while under a national attack. Our orders were to keep you here until someone comes to escort you to the building."

Taftner looked around at all the guards surrounding them and stood by the car with the others. Victoria looked at him and spoke.

"So what do we do?"

Taftner, still looking around at all the guards, answered her.

"There's nothing we can do. We have to wait here. Something doesn't feel right."

Aiden looked at Taftner and asked.

"What do you mean? They said we are gonna get in, we just have to wait for our escort."

Taftner shook his head and replied.

"That's the thing. They didn't."

Everyone looked at him confused.

"The standard protocol at a patrol station during a national take over is only supposed to have half the amount of guards here when someone trustworthy comes asking for either council or help."

Everyone looked around at all the guards surrounding them with a hint of fear in their eyes. Aiden noticed that all the guards seemed to be taking shifts looking at him.

"So what does that mean exactly?"

Victoria asked. Taftner just stood and continued to look around at the patrolman.