War

When dawn came, Olivia and the six hundred soldiers behind her could see a light coming from the south. The Death Trap army was on its way. Olivia turned to see Lauren, Aiden, Tyler, and Taftner next to her holding their weapons and looking a little nervous. When she looked behind her, she could see the rest of the soldiers were just as nervous. When she looked down at her gun, she could see it was set on stun. Death Trap still had their guns locked. It was a terrifying thought knowing her army could get killed with every shot from Death Trap, but all they could do is knock them out.

When Death Trap was visible, Olivia began walking forward to meet in the middle and discus terms with Skullfire. Following her was Aiden, Lauren, and Taftner. When the massive army of Death Trap had reached its destination on the battlefield, Jake walked forward with Brock. Jake spoke first.

"Skullfire is willing to give you one last chance to surrender."

Olivia glared at Jake before answering.

"We are fighting for what's right. We have no reason to surrender."

Jake looked down in disappointment. When he looked back up, he continued speaking.

"Skullfire is a fair man. He has locked not only your guns, but ours as well. We are hoping for no casualties just like you. He also gives you a glimmer of hope. He said if you manage to kill him in this battle, we will back down and surrender. The position of leadership goes to me the instant he is dead, and I will agree to sit down with you and discuss the terms of our surrender and we will hand over our weapons."

The four looked at each other with confusion.

"Why would you do that?"

Olivia asked. Jake looked at her and smiled a sad smile.

"Because there's more to this war then you know."

Taftner scanned the area and couldn't see Skullfire.

"How convenient of you to hide the one person we have to kill to end this war."

Jake looked at Taftner and responded.

"He'll be out shortly, he's just finishing some before battle strategizing."

Jake then looked at Aiden with sadness.

"You'll be fighting with them I see."

Aiden glared at his brother but did not respond. Jake nodded after a moment.

"I see. We will begin the fight momentarily. Skullfire will come forward and we will begin the attack so the history books can show we are the cause of this event."

After he said this, Jake and Brock turned and joined their comrades. Olivia and the other three also retreated back to their army. When they got to their spot on the battlefield, they only had to wait a moment until Skullfire showed up riding on a horse. It was a magnificent black stallion. When Skullfire had reached his place, the horse stopped and Olivia's army began talking nervously to one another. Olivia turned and addressed her people.

"Attention everyone."

Everyone quickly quieted down to hear her speak.

"I know the task before us seems impossible, but we are doing it for everything this country represents. We are doing it for peace, prosperity, and our friends and family. Even if we lose we win, because we have something of true value to fight for. We have each other."

The people nodded and some cheered.

"Look at the people we are fighting. You know what I see when I look at them? I see cowards. They hide behind their masks. Masks that reflect what they are fighting for. They are fighting for death, power, and destruction of the American people. Will we let them take away our freedom?"