Task 1 :: Entries

DISTRICT 1 FEMALE: EVA GONZALES

Email troubles, for entry look at "Author Games" on KimmyCotto 's page!

DISTRICT 2 FEMALE: QUINN PARKER

NEW COMPETITOR

DISTRICT 3 FEMALE: WILLOW JACKSON

DID NOT HAND IN

DISTRICT 4 FEMALE: ELIZA 'IZA' REMON

DID NOT HAND IN

DISTRICT 5 FEMALE: AALIYAH TORREN

DID NOT HAND IN

DISTRICT 6 FEMALE: MARISSA CLAIRE

The white room was making me anxious, especially when they started dripping with a black tar-like substance.

"I know you're afraid." What. Who was that?

"Who are you?" Someone chuckled.

"Just show us...show us how much you're worth."

I sighed, then started walking towards the door, the only thing in the room that was lit up. One step. Another. Then, as my foot hit the ground the third time, I heard a noise that sounded like a piece of metal dropping. I turned around only to meet the tip of a blade, a hologram being it's owner. The only difference between this one and the normal holograms are that this one had the shape and face of my mom. It slowly morphed into my father, then into me. Finally, it morphed into my sister, but she wasn't happy or caring like how the rest of my family looked. A light came on in the corner closest to me, and a sword was revealed. I slowly backed up to it, and grabbed it, holding it level to hers. I thought maybe I could reason with the hologram, but as soon as I opened my mouth to speak, the hologram lunged at me, barely missing. Her face slowly changed into an angry, then frustrated look. God, it looked just like her. She pulled her blade back into stance, prepared to strike again. And she did, only this time I was ready. I blocked it with my own weapon, then thrust it towards her. I missed, only stabbing her arm, instead. She quickly drew back, yelling in agony. I hated it. Every second. It was watching the games all over again. I dropped my sword, and she used her chance. I felt the pain of the butt of the sword in my stomach, and I fell instantly. I rolled over and grabbed my sword. I pulled myself up as quickly as I could. She came towards me, and I dodged, grabbing her arm. I pulled the sword out of her hand, and twisted her around to face me. I held them at an "x" around her neck. It's just a hologram. It's just a hologram. It's face looked up at me, and I saw all the pain I saw in my sister's eyes when she was chosen.
"Britta, please." The pain was washed into hate as I said her name. It's just a hologram. I pulled my arms back to their positions, and watched as the hologram turned into pieces. I wiped my eyes, dropped the swords, and went through the door.

The next room seemed like there were no walls at all, and the door seemed to be floating on its own, about seven yards away. Now that I knew this must be the testing of each person's skill, I was cautious when moving. I took a step forward, and instantly, the room changed. The door wasn't on its own anymore, as it was turned into the front door of the orphanage, and the surrounding area became the front yard. The dog that we all loved came trotting up next to me, and smiled in its own way. It started moving forward, and I was about to follow it when it was suddenly pulled up into the tree by its paws. I wanted the orphanage. And I got it, along with everything I had set up to prank the other kids. Looking more closely, I found that every step I would take would end up with me suck. I took a step back, then, kneeling down, I looked to see if it truly was home. I saw the same old familiar pebbles that I used to set of traps before. I looked at the trees, noticing the motion detectors that were on each one. I took soon be pebbles, tore off a piece of my shirt, and wrapped it tightly. I used this makeshift "big rock", and threw it strait down the middle of the room. It set off electrical sparks, dull blades, and swinging tree branches. The bag managed to dodge all of these, and hit the door with a thud. Now that the air traps were activated, it was time to start on the other ones. I activated the closest trap, then snatched it up, and took it apart. I assembled it into a slingshot, then filled the container with pebbles. I released the contraption, setting off the traps and freeing my path way. I swiftly jumped across the area, and was waiting, hoping to open the door to be held in Ms. June's arms. I opened the door, only to be led into another room.